No announcement yet.

1956 gmc panel truck ground up restore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couldn't tell are those heads double hump?

Comment

can't wait to see the finished product

Comment

^^^^^yup^^^^

Comment

ought be nice ride.

Comment

ok now i have a long blockwent with roller tip rocker arms,also picked up a new torque converter and flexplat so i can attach the tranny and mount it on the frame,ill be installing the intake tomorrow,dont have a carb yet but i ordered valve covers today,there awsome,motor will look awsome i think,next big thing will be the serp belt kit and all the hang ons,buywe are moving again
            Attached Files

Comment

Making some progress now

Comment

There is something about bolting together a small block Chevrolet and making it gin that just.........well it's like...........it kind of makes your............well, every man ought to do it once in his life.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                  There is something about bolting together a small block Chevrolet and making it gin that just.........well it's like...........it kind of makes your............well, every man ought to do it once in his life.
                  You got that right D!

I threw away a Holley 850 double pumper about 6 months ago. Couldn't find anyone that wanted it. It would have been yours for the askin Paintman.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                    You got that right D!

I threw away a Holley 850 double pumper about 6 months ago. Couldn't find anyone that wanted it. It would have been yours for the askin Paintman.
                    Thanks but 850 wow that's big

Comment

I'll see if i have a vac secondary 750....will let you know.....most RAGchesters were either a 730 or and 840.....so...a 750 would do OK. Is that a Performer series intake? IOf so, try to find a Carter AFB.....easy jet changes and adjustments.....

Comment

Originally posted by bwssr View Post
                        I'll see if i have a vac secondary 750....will let you know.....most RAGchesters were either a 730 or and 840.....so...a 750 would do OK. Is that a Performer series intake? IOf so, try to find a Carter AFB.....easy jet changes and adjustments.....
                        I'm really leaning towards a 650 edelbrock

Comment

Originally posted by paintman View Post
                          I'm really leaning towards a 650 edelbrock
                          I think those are Edelbrock Carters.....good carbs...easy to tune....you should have good low to mid range ....

Comment

Ya with the 273 rear end its all about low to mid range.gonna have some good compression too,no idea on the hp though

Comment

got the intake on today and motor mounts,lookin good i think,putting all stainless bolts
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by paintman View Post
                                Ya with the 273 rear end its all about low to mid range.gonna have some good compression too,no idea on the hp though
                                2.73??? I don't believe there is such a critter. More likely a 3.73, 3.05 is the tallest gear I believe Chevy ever put out....or anyone for that matter.

Comment

Working...
                                X