100” 8pt dominates a 150” buck on video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100” 8pt dominates a 150” buck on video

I had a great weekend at the lease this weekend. Deer activity was popping. Opening morning a got a good fight on film. The big antlered buck is a150 class 3-year-old, the smaller antlered deer is only 100’ but a bigger older deer. He schooled the young buck with those pretty antlers. I’ve been hunting for a long time and this is the first time I’ve ever witnessed a real fight. I could have made a better video, but I was trying to look at him in my binoculars and make him a 5-year-old deer.

We decided the heavy weight champ was the perfect management deer, so I lined up a lease buddies’ daughter to shoot him. She didn’t know she was shooting; she loves to hunt but her dad was guiding her mom trying to get a management deer on the other side of the ranch. I took her with her thinking she was just going to sit in the blind with me and my daughter and watch. I knew if the deer came out, I had a surprise for her.

We were out that evening and had a big 8 come in that I probably should have shot, lol. I’m hoping he makes something super special next year with an overflow of protein. He got a pass and all the other lease members got pics of him and we are going to give him one more year.

Finally, the management deer came in and I told her “You see that buck on the right side of the feeder, I want you to shoot that deer”. She said, “Are you serious” and immediate she lost her breath. I’ve never seen buck fever set in so hard. She was dang near hyperventilating. To make things worse, we had to watch the deer for 7 minutes before it gave her a shot. He was always either facing us or had other deer stacked around him. I had to hold the rifle a few times and get her to try and control her breathing while we were waiting for him to turn broadside.

When he finally stopped, she made a perfect shot on him. She was so worked up and emotional she started crying. She’s a tuff little thing and tried to deny crying but that is what is all about. I wish I got worked up enough over it to cry. I only do that when I miss……. lol

Here is video of her hunt.

I was just as excited as she was if you can’t tell.

Anyway, one fantastic weekend at the lease. We are going to have some super stars in a few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome! That is what it’s all about!

Comment

Great video and story. Well done by you.

Comment

Awesome video. With age, that buck is going to be a beast (he already looks great!)!

Comment

That right there is what it is all about! Good on ya.

Comment

That’s not a management deer to her! Congratulations to her. I don’t know her, but I’m proud of her!

Comment

Great stuff Jeremy ,congrats to you both

Comment

Scrappy little guy.

Comment

Loved both of those videos!! Congrats.

Comment

That 10 was around when dinosaurs roamed the earth! Just look at the way he walks. Three year old? Add seven years to that. Nice video though and congrats to your daughter.
                    Last edited by TwoHighways; 11-04-2019, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Great videos, great job getting the young lady a buck, can't help but smile watching it. Congrats

Comment

That is pure awesomeness right there.

Comment

Good stuff rt there! Congrats and well done!

Comment

Originally posted by TwoHighways View Post
                            That 10 was around when dinosaurs roamed the earth! Just look at the way he walks. Three year old? Add seven years to that. Nice video though and congrats to your daughter.
                            I never consider him to be older, he just looks like a skinny young buck. You have my wheels turning though.

I’m new on the lease and can’t risk it. Other members called him a 3 year old. If I brought him into camp and he was 3 it would not be good. Lol

Comment

That’s good for your heart, Seeing your daughter become just as excited for her, someone must be raising her right! Congrats to the young lady and kudos to you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X