X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Either

Comment

Originally posted by Rich... View Post
      Thanks for the info. I believe I’ll take the 6.5 as it’s a lighter rifle. I’m going to be bow hunting elk but I’ll have a bear tag with me as well.
      Shoot the bear with you bow

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
        Shoot the bear with you bow
        Haha ya I would rather shoot it with my bow. But I’ll shoot it with a rifle if that means I’m not going home empty handed. Also I know they are generally not aggressive but it’s a little spooky walking around knowing there are a lot of bears around.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
          6.5 gets you beat up. 30-06 earns respect everywhere you go.
          lol!

Comment

The bear outfitters I've talked to require a .243 or larger. I've also seen Fred Eichler's show with him using a Creedmoor on bear in Colorado.

As for bullets, I've moved to the Sierra 140gr. Gameking with great results. I think Midway still carries them by HSR.

Comment

Creed with proper bullet like accubond or barnes will work just fine.

Comment

The TBH guys that live in subdivisions who drive Tundras and shoot 6.5's will tell you the 6.5 is hands down the most lethal round available. Basically they will tell you a blind man can hit a target at 1k yards with a 6.5 and it will drop an elephant. Also, important to note, that their tundras have a 50k mile oil change interval lmao..

In all seriousnouss I would shoot a 30-06 but either one will do fine. Shoot a good bullet like a Partition.
                Last edited by Arrowthreat; 03-30-2020, 07:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowthreat View Post
                  The TBH guys that live in subdivisions who drive Tundras and shoot 6.5's will tell you the 6.5 is hands down the most lethal round available. Basically they will tell you a blind man can hit a target at 1k yards with a 6.5 and it will drop an elephant. Also, important to note, that their tundras have a 50k mile oil change interval lmao..

In all seriousnouss I would shoot a 30-06 but either one will do fine.
                  Lmao!

Comment

Either will work. If you decide to take the Creedmoor use a stouter bullet like an Accubond. I don’t believe I would use a Barnes, they perform better when driven at higher velocity and the Creedmoor won’t do as well with it IMO.

I shoot (multiple) 260 Remington rifles and they are ballistically equivalent to the Creedmoor. I’ve had very mixed results with Barnes bullets in them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

This could be as simple as 150 grain corlokts in the 06. Too many options is many times a bad thing

Comment

Flip a coin, as long as you use a good bullet with either caliber.

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
                          This could be as simple as 150 grain corlokts in the 06. Too many options is many times a bad thing
                          Ok Boomer

Comment

I switched from .308 which is, of course, extremely similar to .30-06 down to a 6.5 creed. I don't feel like I gave up anything other than weight and recoil. I've only shot hogs, though and the larger ones were likely in the low-mid 200s weight-wise. I use the federal non-typical 140gr and it is extremely accurate for me.

Comment

Originally posted by ken800 View Post
                              I switched from .308 which is, of course, extremely similar to .30-06 down to a 6.5 creed. I don't feel like I gave up anything other than weight and recoil. I've only shot hogs, though and the larger ones were likely in the low-mid 200s weight-wise. I use the federal non-typical 140gr and it is extremely accurate for me.
                              Those bullets work great in that cartridge

Comment

I drive a Tundra and shoot a .30-06, so I'd take the .30-06.

Comment

Working...
                                X