Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tell me about Kydex and IWB appendix carry...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tell me about Kydex and IWB appendix carry...

I’ve been wearing a leather IWB holster by DM Bullard for years, love them...carry at 1:00. I’d like to go Kydex for my G19 Glock. I like, or would appreciate, being able to cant the holster. Seems like the grip would point up a bit and print less. Do y’all like Kydex over leather?

I refuse to appendix carry. I never liked the idea and then my buddy shot his right nut off (no pun intended; literal). So now I really refuse!

Comment

I use one. If my camera worked id post a pic. Can wear it with a t-shirt without printing unless you lokk for it.

Comment

Originally posted by JDH875 View Post
        I refuse to appendix carry. I never liked the idea and then my buddy shot his right nut off (no pun intended; literal). So now I really refuse!
        I don’t carry hot...only have one testicle.

Comment

I just switched to Stealthgear's Revolution holster a few months ago and love it. Its a polymer holster so not quite Kydex but close (definitely not leather). I know it hasn't been all that hot yet this year but I wanted something that would breath a lot better than leather. I used to carry at about 5 o'clock but I'm not the biggest guy in the world so I found it hard not to print. Appendix carry was much more concealable for me personally. I also think it makes for a more natural draw of the weapon as opposed to reaching behind your back but that all comes down to training. The only downside I've found (and I am not joking when I say it) is that when you have a full bladder or make that urgent run to the men's room it can be very uncomfortable to have pressure in that area. So I guess take that for what its worth. Hope that helps some.

Comment

Originally posted by TXproud View Post
            I just switched to Stealthgear's Revolution holster a few months ago and love it. Its a polymer holster so not quite Kydex but close (definitely not leather). I know it hasn't been all that hot yet this year but I wanted something that would breath a lot better than leather. I used to carry at about 5 o'clock but I'm not the biggest guy in the world so I found it hard not to print. Appendix carry was much more concealable for me personally. I also think it makes for a more natural draw of the weapon as opposed to reaching behind your back but that all comes down to training. The only downside I've found (and I am not joking when I say it) is that when you have a full bladder or make that urgent run to the men's room it can be very uncomfortable to have pressure in that area. So I guess take that for what its worth. Hope that helps some.
            Thanks, I think I’m gonna try Kydex.

Comment

Originally posted by Shinesintx View Post
              Thanks, I think I’m gonna try Kydex.
              Now that you've got me looking at it.. ha Kydex and Polymer are interchangeable terms to most in the industry. The Kydex/Polymer is only the outer portion of the holster while the inner is a different material that's breathable. Anyways, here's a link if you find yourself interested. Good luck and find what's right for you.

StealthGearUSA manufactures and designs the most comfortable & breathable concealed carry holsters available today. With 1,000+ of holster options, shop now!

Comment

Originally posted by TXproud View Post
                Holsters are weird. I had that same holster for a G19 and HATED it.

I also tend to carry at 3:00, IWB or OWB. More comfortable for me. I currently have one of the Bravo Concealment iwb holster for my 365 and like it pretty well.

Comment

Appendix carry is a good way to blow you junk off. Not a fan at all. I’ll carry a snub nose appendix but only on an empty chamber.

Comment

Negligence will blow off just about any part of your body.

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
                      Negligence will blow off just about any part of your body.
                      So will stress, adrenaline and lack of proper training.

Comment

I have kydex from CYA Holsters for G19. Carry at 4 o'clock. Solid holster, well made and very reasonably priced.

Can anybody recommend a good quality leather gun belt?

Comment

My main suggestion is to get a good quality kydex holster. I bought a cheap kydex holster from Academy just to try appendix carry. It was super uncomfortable and I hated it. I recently decided to give it another try and spent about $120 on a nice custom Kydex holster. $120 still seems steep to me for a holster, but the difference was amazing. I now carry a Glock 17 and it disappears under a t-shirt and is much more comfortable that my 19 was at 4:30-5:00.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you're looking for a holster that's a cut above the rest then Harry's Holsters has just the holster for you!

Harry's makes the most comfortable appendix carry holster I have ever worn. Get the Executive One clip and add the discreet carry clip, claw and wedge. It will keep the pistol riding perfectly without the butt of the grip jabbing you or poking out forward and printing. You will never use another holster again.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                              I have kydex from CYA Holsters for G19. Carry at 4 o'clock. Solid holster, well made and very reasonably priced.

Can anybody recommend a good quality leather gun belt?
                              I can’t recommend leather...but I LOVE my 511 nylon belt. They’re about 25 bucks and I have zero complaints.

Comment

Working...
                              X