Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
    This x 10000
    I've done both...u end up with wood chunks everywhere and sharp ones to poke ur tires
    Mulching is the new fad. They have their place, but lately it's become a thing to clear land with a mulcher. If you want usable pasture land, than dozer is the way to go. Guys are making more money mulching than running a dozer because of the time it takes to mulch. It takes 3 times as long to mulch a tree than it does to push it with a dozer into a pile and burn it. Plus they come in and charge to clean up the stumps and mulch for people who desire clean cleared ground.

I work for an excavation company for a living. We clear land/lots everyday. We use excavators and dozers. No mulchers for us. I have a buddy who has two barko 930's and a CAT 299 with a forestry mulcher. He would tell you the same thing. He's making a killing off his hourly rate hes charging people to mulch.
    Last edited by Arrowthreat; 02-17-2020, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stickbow View Post
      creek bottom, I run a JD333 with rage disc mulcher on my ranch in Goliad I would not rent it but we might be able to work a deal on clearing out how you want your acreage. I use it on the ranch and it does good job and if you back drag it while mulching you can really make it pretty nice. If you bring dozer in then you have to deal with finishing dirt work. You can spray it if it ever tries to start coming back but I have had little trouble with that in the last 6 mths where i have used it. you will have some sticks to contend with vs traditional drum mulcher but can be done cheaper and I have had no issues with flats driving over these areas. If you get serious we could always give you bid. I dont do for a living but might be close by to your acreage. just fyi
      You may have some ticked off huisache this season though.

Comment

THANKS stickbow! I will definatly get with you when the time comes!

Comment

Finally some people who understand and know what mulching is all about ! Lol

Dozer all the way imo. We wasted some good money on mulching only to have to go back and deal with tons of debris and stumps.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowthreat View Post
            Mulching is the new fad. They have their place, but lately it's become a thing to clear land with a mulcher. If you want usable pasture land, than dozer is the way to go. Guys are making more money mulching than running a dozer because of the time it takes to mulch. It takes 3 times as long to mulch a tree than it does to push it with a dozer into a pile and burn it. Plus they come in and charge to clean up the stumps and mulch for people who desire clean cleared ground.

I work for an excavation company for a living. We clear land/lots everyday. We use excavators and dozers. No mulchers for us. I have a buddy who has two barko 930's and a CAT 299 with a forestry mulcher. He would tell you the same thing. He's making a killing off his hourly rate hes charging people to mulch.

Comment

Originally posted by boh347 View Post
              Rent a skid steer with a grubber and a rake.

Comment

Your going to have a hard time getting a bulldozer to move in for 10 acres. You can rent a dozer but normally don't come with a root plow which would do a better job. Some skid loader have a tree puller attachment that pulls out pretty good size trees but a lot depends on soil type and moisture.

Comment

Originally posted by stickbow View Post
                  creek bottom, I run a JD333 with rage disc mulcher on my ranch in Goliad I would not rent it but we might be able to work a deal on clearing out how you want your acreage. I use it on the ranch and it does good job and if you back drag it while mulching you can really make it pretty nice. If you bring dozer in then you have to deal with finishing dirt work. You can spray it if it ever tries to start coming back but I have had little trouble with that in the last 6 mths where i have used it. you will have some sticks to contend with vs traditional drum mulcher but can be done cheaper and I have had no issues with flats driving over these areas. If you get serious we could always give you bid. I dont do for a living but might be close by to your acreage. just fyi

How much do you get per day/weekend?
                  I’d sure like to clean up some areas on the lease.
                  Goliad side of Victoria close to 59

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a JD 650H with a root plow for the front and ripper teeth on the rear
                    It doesn't take long to clear 10 acres

Comment

If you want it completely cleared then excavator and bulldozer are the way to go. If you just want to clear underbrush and certain areas then a mulcher like I run does a great job. PM me if you are interested in quote.

Comment

never really got a answer on how much he can mulch estimated in a weekend? (3day weekend)

I might have more than 10 acres to clear now(In-laws property)

Comment

I just got a couple of quotes on mulching a bunch of underbrush and small trees. Guys are saying they can mulch an acre a day, give or take. Quotes anywhere from $150-$200 an hour, 4-8 hour minimum.

Comment

Originally posted by Txbownut View Post
                            I just got a couple of quotes on mulching a bunch of underbrush and small trees. Guys are saying they can mulch an acre a day, give or take. Quotes anywhere from $150-$200 an hour, 4-8 hour minimum.
                            The last dozer work I had done it was around $160/hour if I remember correctly.

Comment

I am renting a skid steer w a Blue Diamond severe brush cutter for a month to clean up roadways, feed pens, fence lines, etc. They say it can cut up to 10" trees.
                              Anyone use one of these ?

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowthreat View Post
                                Don't mulch em. You will have stumps and debris everywhere. Go rent a D3 or D4.

Yep

Comment

Working...
                                X