No announcement yet.

DIY Concrete Countertops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is an island and counters we did at my daughters kitchen that I remodeled. She loves her counter tops.

Comment

^^^^legit!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mjjust View Post
        Here is an island and counters we did at my daughters kitchen that I remodeled. She loves her counter tops.
        How did you do the chiseled looking edge? You did an awesome job on those tops!

Comment

Originally posted by Mjjust View Post

I don’t normally care for the concrete countertops but these are some of the best looking I’ve seen.

Great job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Here's a couple pics of one I did. It's really pretty easy.
            Attached Files

Comment

I poured it in the garage and then moved it into the house.
              Attached Files

Comment

Also, I added dye to the concrete when I mixed it up. You can get the dye at Home Depot.

Comment

What kind of clear coat are y'all using to make them shine? I have concrete counter at the deer camp, but need to coat it? The counter tops above look sharp.

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

Yesterday the wife and myself drove up to San Antonio to a distributor that sells a particular brand of concrete counter top products that we are interested in. We had a good salesperson that pretty much sold us on the doing this ourselves. The concrete mix is very flowable and it white in color and will take on true colors.

This is what we are going for. Either white with a little grey mixed in our grey with a little white. It was explained to us this could be done with water based stains and then a sealer or epoxy coat.

I did have a bit of a setback the other day when sprayed the final coat of extra white paint on some cabinets. Everything was fine until some bees were attracted to them and several of them decided to walk around leaving tracks on them. This will remind to close the doors on my shop next time.

Comment

Nice. Thanks everyone. I am a retired builder and not satisfied with my purchased home (long boring story). Some good ideas here. Gotta build one more? Come on old bones, you can do it!

Comment

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
                        What kind of clear coat are y'all using to make them shine? I have concrete counter at the deer camp, but need to coat it? The counter tops above look sharp.
                        I don't remember the name of the clear coat I used, it was a little pricey because I went with a food rated one. I'll look when I get home and post it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kdc View Post
                          I don't remember the name of the clear coat I used, it was a little pricey because I went with a food rated one. I'll look when I get home and post it.

Sounds good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
                            How did you do the chiseled looking edge? You did an awesome job on those tops!

A silicone mold for the edge. They make a few different kinds for different looks.

Comment

here's the sealant that I used.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Kdc View Post
                                here's the sealant that I used.
                                Appreciate it!

Comment

Working...
                                X