Big kid airguns.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TP3 View Post
    The TexanSS .457 barks (softly) again. Nothing says late doe season like a .250 grain hollow point below the ear.

She was one of the biggest does I have ever taken. I'm a husky buck at 5'11" and 240 lbs. Not bad for Llano County.
    What pellet are you using? That's a very cool trophy and some great meat!

Comment

I just bought a Airforce .457 SS from GarGuy on here and now I'm hooked! My buddy who went with me to buy it went home and ordered one the next day. I also bought a cheap high pressure pump from Walmart.com for about $260. I've used it a bit and it is a pretty sweet rig. I hope it will last. Lots of YouTube videos about the pumps. We are about to rain down some death on some wild swine!!!

Comment

That was a .45 cal, 250 grain hollow point from Hunter's supply.
        Attached Files

Comment

Yall are gonna enjoy it.

I broke down and bought a small compressor, it has been great other than my increased pellet consumption.

Comment

Y'all pumping these guns up with just air, be sure you use a moisture/descant filter on the inlet side of the comprressors/pumps. This wet air we have here on the Gulf Coast is not good for the insides of these precision air guns. You need to pump 'em up indoors where there's less humidity if at all possible. You also need to learn how to take them apart and clean/dry them well. NO OIL! Use only non petroleum based oils/lubes for these guns.

Comment

What’s a good compressor?

Comment

Great question, but I don't have a good answer. I had to settle for what my budget allowed for. Ended up with an Air Venturi Nomad II.

So far no complaints except that you cant fill storage tanks, only the tank on the gun.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                  Y'all pumping these guns up with just air, be sure you use a moisture/descant filter on the inlet side of the comprressors/pumps. This wet air we have here on the Gulf Coast is not good for the insides of these precision air guns. You need to pump 'em up indoors where there's less humidity if at all possible. You also need to learn how to take them apart and clean/dry them well. NO OIL! Use only non petroleum based oils/lubes for these guns.
                  I have a couple of nice can plinkers.

As per your new avatar: I like how they are throwing this next election cycle over the cliff...........

Comment

I don't want to speak for tree shark. But I'm pretty sure his compressor will charge a bottle. He spent less than 300 on it .

Comment

My compressor will fill a scuba tank. I fill mine up to 3400 psi. I only run mine about 8 minutes at a time and if I were filling a tank from empty it might take a couple of 8 minute sessions. There is a learning curve using these compressors. I am still figuring a lot of this out !

Comment

Please send me a link to the WalMart compressor if yall don't mind.

Comment

Mine is not the "automatic addition " but nearly identical.

Comment

Thanks bud.

Comment

I have no experience shooting one or hunting with one, but since the big bores are legal to hunt game animals with, I personally wouldn’t consider anything less than was legal to shoot at deer.

They’re cool, they interest me.... but they’re awful expensive.
                              Last edited by TacticalCowboy; 01-06-2020, 10:50 PM.

Comment

I have a Nomad II that I have yet to use. It will fill guns but not the big tanks I have. I bought a Booster to fill my big tanks and will get a compressor later in the year. The Nomad will be going to market.
                                I’m looking at getting a Omega Air Charger ( $1200 ). I have read a lot of good stuff on there product and custom service afterwards.

Comment

Working...
                                X