Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

parting gate shot....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

parting gate shot....

we lost our brownwood lease this year, i had only been on it for 5-6 years.
    lots of good memories, 3 of my kids killed their first deer there....anyway...
    i was the last man out so i took the gate pic.....they hung a no trepass sign up
    after the owner died and the kids inherited it.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1179.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	25181764

It will be sold soon.

Gary

Comment

It happens, I've lost three places like this. One of them is now the new black buck ridge subdivision. The lease I'm on now has a generational skip where the ranch can't be sold until the second generation takes over.

Comment

I hunted 1400 acres on the Guad in Kendellia not long ago. Pulled it up on satellite and lots of new rooftops. It was a fun target rich environment

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
          It will be sold soon.

Gary
          Yep! Kids hate land that their forefathers loved. It's all about the money. Land is not sacred to them, but the fleeting power of money is. Sorry for your loss.

Comment

My family has been on the same lease for 14 years and we were told in March to come get our stuff. Sucks for sure!

Comment

We are about to go into our 25th year. I can't tell you how I dread that day...

Comment

I hate it when this happens. when my grandfather passed, the section that I inherited I just continued all of the current leases and rents. I don't ever plan on selling it and the money I make off of it is going to pay for my daughters education. I've bought my own land also and if others in the family want to sell theirs I'm poised to buy them out to keep it in the family.

Comment

We are going on the 23rd year. All the owners have died and we have been waiting to be kicked off.

Comment

I've been blessed with a great place for 15 years. Hopefully this doesn't happen anytime soon to our place.

Comment

Same with us. The grandfather left it to his son when he died and he let us stay and hunt. The son died also after a few years with cancer and left it to his kids. Now the son-in-law that the grandfather and son both ran off because he would not pay to hunt and was a freeloader(their words) has partial control of all of the land and we lost lease.

Comment

the lease manager had been on it for 25+ and had a great relationship with the owners, the old man died 5 years ago and the yuppie son wanted his mother to sell it then. we knew it was coming as soon as she died....she passed in November, we were told to get our stuff in January. gave us until the end of july.

Comment

One of the reasons I became a land baron. It’s small, but it’s mine!

Comment

Working...
                          X