No announcement yet.

Bow advice for kids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All of the bows listed above work and are grow-with-me bows that a kid is not likely to outgrow. Not really that many that outgrow a bow that will turn to 70lbs and 30 or 31 inch draw lengths.

Of the bows mentioned all will work.

The Diamond infinite edge pro is the only one that will likely have to be adjusted by a shop as the kids grow and need longer draw length as there is usually a screw behind the limb that you cannot easily get to. Good bow otherwise and Cabela's black Friday add has them ror $299.99. It is in the Diamond line made by Bowtech. Most come with a little tweaking needed out of the box but doesn't take long for a someone that knows bows to set them up right then they are good shooting bows. With the quirks of the diamond on Dl adjust it does have the advantage of actually turning down to <15 lbs at useful draw lengths for kids. If a kid can hold 3.2lbs at arms length this bow can be setup for them.

The Bear Cruzer II is easily adjustable at home for DL and poundage. Normally see them for $399.99 for regular price. The original Cruzer was over 4lbs bare bow and heavy for lots of kids and like said above they reach that lowest poundage at only the very short DL. At 22 inches do not expect this bow to turn below 20 to 25 lbs. the Cruzer II boiw weight is about same as the Diamond at 3.2 lbs. The knock on the original Cruzer was weight at over 4lbs it was a heavy kids bow, that has been addressed by the Cruzer II. The reaching low poundage advantage still goes to the Diamond if needed.

The Craze is a Mission bow which is made by Mathews much like the Diamond line is to Bowtec. Good small bow that is easy to adjust at home for DL and poundage.

Have someone that knows what they are doing setup the bows initially and then it is easy to adjust them as the kid grows.

Hoyt and Bowtech also make higher priced than these listed youth Grow with me bows that are good shooters.

Comment

Pse makes a good kids bow .

Comment

Forgot and left PSE off the list, they do make a good one or two. They even make one for smaller kids, the Mini Burner.

Comment

Kmon, thanks for the detailed post i appreciate all the info from everyone.. headed to my property with the wednesday.. ill stop at Hoffey's and take a gander..

Comment

I’m looking for a custom long bow for my girls. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by BarbedWireBaby View Post
              I’m looking for a custom long bow for my girls. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance
              Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Sarrels

Comment

My 11 yr old daughter with her mission craze.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks guys I’ll take a look.

Comment

Craze for sure IMO

Comment

Just keep practicing

Comment

I have one my father built me but it’s old and more of a show piece now.

Comment

Comment

we just ordered a diamond infinite edge from bass pro and they are back ordered...

Comment

one in the classifieds....

Comment

Working...
                              X