Aerobic septic problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aerobic septic problem

Need some green screen help. I was putting down some herbicide yesterday and it can’t have water for 24 hours. I turned the breaker off at the main panel for the septic. Turned the breaker back on this morning and the sprinklers come on for a second then go down. Almost like there is not enough pressure to keep the sprinklers running. What is going on here?

I don’t know squat about septic systems, but wouldn’t it be on a timer of some sort that makes it water in the middle of the night?

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Yeah it’s on a timer they shouldn’t come on until it hits the time that it’s set for unless the tank is full it has a float switch that overrides the timer, of course the timer will need to be set back to the correct times if you had the main breaker off.. you can switch the sprinklers on manually inside the electrical box next to your septic tank just the see if the pump is working correctly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I believe we disconnected the photocell on that.

The sprinklers come on for a second. They spit out some air and water and then go right back down again. Every few minutes they do this. Not a continual stream

Comment

Thinking your seeing the reset of the system. So it’s coming on as a function test. They normally don’t come on until the float valve signals the level has gotten high enough in the tank. Kinda like the float in your toilet tank shuts the water off. In your septic the float turns the sprinkler on.

Comment

Does yours have a timer like this?

Comment

The switch that I circled can be used to manually turn the pump on just to make sure there’s no problem with the pump. Up is on, middle setting is on the timer, down is off..
              If you turn the pump on and the sprinklers won’t come on then you have a problem somewhere.. unless the water level in the tank is too low, there’s also a low level switch that’ll keep the pump from coming on so your pump doesn’t burn up if there’s nothing to pump out of the tank

Comment

I don’t have a timer like that. I took the lid off the gray water tank and the pump will turn on for a second and then shuts off. I took a shovel to lift the float and nothing happened.

I have a manual pump button that I pushed and the sprinklers came on for a second then came off again. The pump turning on and off is on about an every 2 minute cycle

Comment

Working...
                X