Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 07-23-2021, 02:32 AM   #1
BlessedVeteran0305
Ten Point

Hunt In: Dont have a lease
Default Ptsd

To all my brothers that suffer from the same crap I do, just remember your not alone. It's not something to play with and if you are having problems there are always plenty of us that have been through it that can lend an ear to talk to. If you need to talk pm me your number and we can get through it together. Don't be a part of the 2,222 Veterans a day that take their own life. I say this because I have had trouble lately and am so blessed to have a wife that understands what I'm going through.

God Bless you Brothers.
Attached Images

BlessedVeteran0305 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2021, 04:05 AM   #2
ThisLadyHunts
Ten Point

Hunt In: Austin, Boerne, Wyoming, South America

You, sir, are a hero.

Few people will ever understand what it means to be willing to die defending our way of life, our country, and everything it represents. Even worse are those who dishonor the sacrifices made by the men and women of our armed forces by their acts of disrespect, such as refusing to stand in honor of our colors, by desecrating our nation’s capitol, or by perpetrating violence under the guise of social justice, all while hypocritically saying, “Thank you for your service.”

If I could wish anything for you, it would be that you, and others like you, get access to the help you need in order to feel whole again. To that end, I encourage you to pursue the plethora of programs and financial benefits available to war veterans through The Department of Veteran Affairs and it’s two branches of the VA.

Godspeed and best of luck to you.

Last edited by ThisLadyHunts; 07-23-2021 at 04:08 AM.
ThisLadyHunts is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2021, 04:33 AM   #3
BlessedVeteran0305
Ten Point

Thank you for those kind words sir, words cant express the gratitude to have someone look at you in that way. All that said I feel that the real heroes are my brothers and sisters that paid the ultimate price and didnt come back home to be able to feel the freedom in the soil that our feet as Americans touch and take for granted each and every day.

God Bless you and yours sir.
Old 07-23-2021, 06:09 AM   #4
mmoses
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas

We are laying to rest a good friend this morning. His demons finally caught up with him.

Happy to talk if you need it. The people around you love you and need you.

Thank you for your service.
mmoses is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2021, 06:13 AM   #5
Hotrodd
Ten Point

Hunt In: Central Texas

Sorry you are having a hard time, I said a prayer for you. Thank You for your service to our country!
Hotrodd is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2021, 06:18 AM   #6
BlessedVeteran0305
Ten Point

Thank yall I appreciate it
Old 07-23-2021, 06:26 AM   #7
okrattler
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Oklahoma

My grandpa was in Vietnam. He found out he had PTSD about 8 or 9 years ago. He saw some bad things over there. I can't relate because I haven't been in a situation like that. But I've lost people and he's given me advice on dealing with it. And this is straight from his mouth.

"It hurts now. But over time it will get easier. Just make sure you never forget about them. That's all you can do."

I know he's been through hard times. Harder times than I ever will. So I'm gonna take his advice. Thanks for everything you've done. Keep pushing on, that's all any of us can do.
okrattler is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2021, 07:22 AM   #8
Hogmauler
Ten Point

Hunt In: Kerrville

You got this brother! Semper Fi! 2nd Tank Battalion USMC. Decommissioned this past May I believe after 79 years of service. Here for you as well, phone call away.
Hogmauler is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2021, 07:31 AM   #9
megger89
Eight Point

Hunt In: All of Over

Like you said, there are many others out there I am not one of them but the price y'all went through to protect our FREEDOM is very much appreciated!

Thank you and GOD Bless!
megger89 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2021, 07:59 AM   #10
kevin nicholls
Ten Point

Hunt In: Who knows

BlessedVeteran you stay strong brother. It gets better with time. If I can ever help let me know. C Co 1st Bn (ABN) 508th Inf 82nd Airborne Division.
kevin nicholls is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2021, 08:14 AM   #11
WItoTX
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wisconsin, New Mexico, Colorado, Montana, Idaho

Good post. OP, and to all vets on here, in Houston (And these guys will drive just about anywhere to help a vet), there is Camp Hope. They are a fully private, completely free to vets service which gives peer to peer counselling to vets only. No civilians. The therapists are all vets, no civilians.

It is 100% private, no government/VA intrusion, and if you call there, you are talking to another vet who has most likely been through the program and graduated.

The contact info:

Camp Hope
(877)-717-7873
WItoTX is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2021, 08:20 AM   #12
CLR
Eight Point

Hunt In: Refugio County

God bless all of you and all the men and women that served. Ticks me off to no end when I see people disrespect our flag and what it stands for. I always said the greatest lesson would have the ability transport the ones disrespecting our country directly in one of the many battle scenarios for a day and they would change their outlook. Many thanks to all of you. Prayers up!
CLR is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2021, 08:33 AM   #13
JES
Ten Point

Hunt In: Stonewall and Ft. Bend County

Point of clarification, it’s 22 per day, not 2200.

Still way too many.

I struggled with this for a while when I returned in 2004, made a call one day to start getting help, but never actually went. I was able to overcome my struggle by focusing on my wife and my hobbies.

Jocko Willink has a great recommendation for vets transitioning to civilian life, find a new mission and focus on that. You need something to focus your energy and keep you distracted from the troubles and challenges of that transition.
JES is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2021, 08:38 AM   #14
Jmh05
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Tom Green/Irion, Fisher Co.

Uncle Sam is sending me on a little trip to hot sandy ****ty little country in about 7 months. Other than 114' temps, not seeing my kids is what I hate about it.
Jmh05 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2021, 11:11 AM   #15
sailor
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Texas

anytime, my brother.
Name:  Cadet+Salute+Navy.png
Views: 459
Size:  10.6 KB
sailor is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2021, 02:26 PM   #16
BlessedVeteran0305
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmh05 View Post
Uncle Sam is sending me on a little trip to hot sandy ****ty little country in about 7 months. Other than 114' temps, not seeing my kids is what I hate about it.
Keep your head down brother. If you need anything care pkg wise or anything at all. Shoot me a pm with your address once you get there and I will help where I can.

Thank you all for the support and kind words and for putting all of this information out there. I generally use hunting and fishing for my therapy but haven't been able to go hunting much since I can't afford a lease so fishing it is for now.

God Bless all of you.
Old 07-23-2021, 04:19 PM   #17
TxHamJello
Four Point

Hunt In: Cass and Gillespie Counties

To all my brothers and sisters who are Vets, my time in was a booze cruise compared to what most you saw and did. Can't comprehend what you went through or are going through. But, always willing to share my ears and my beers. Don't suffer alone.
TxHamJello is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2021, 04:23 PM   #18
Jmh05
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Tom Green/Irion, Fisher Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessedVeteran0305 View Post
Keep your head down brother. If you need anything care pkg wise or anything at all. Shoot me a pm with your address once you get there and I will help where I can.

Thank you all for the support and kind words and for putting all of this information out there. I generally use hunting and fishing for my therapy but haven't been able to go hunting much since I can't afford a lease so fishing it is for now.

God Bless all of you.
Thanks Sir. I'll let y'all know when the departure date gets closer. But I've got dates and I'm on the roster is all I can say.
Jmh05 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2021, 04:26 PM   #19
Johnny44
Ten Point

Hunt In: https://miamoo.org/

Keepin my head up has saved me more than “keeping it down” because I could see what I needed to see.

Goodluck JMh05

For all of those with PTSD, get busy living, or get busy dying. Its the truth of the matter first hand.
Johnny44 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2021, 04:31 PM   #20
Brazos Hunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where invited

I saw combat, buddy’s die, and taken lives and for years I thought people who had PTSD were FOS because I didn’t have problems after separating. Well, that was until I held my child’s lifeless body in my arms. That is an image I will never be able to shake, that wakes me up as well as keeps me up. I learned first hand PTSD comes in many flavors, not just combat.

Micheal
Brazos Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2021, 04:58 PM   #21
Johnny44
Ten Point

Hunt In: https://miamoo.org/

You are correct, may God help you.
Johnny44 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2021, 05:11 PM   #22
175gr7.62
Ten Point

Hunt In: Red River County,Harrison County, SW Kansas,

Iím have it and treat it with large amounts of beer. Not the right way but it keeps me going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
175gr7.62 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2021, 05:36 PM   #23
Geezy Rider
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wise Co.

For those who would like to give back and support our heroís in need. Support The 6th Annual 22Kill Ride.
Me and my club be in attendance and I would like to encourage all TBH bikers in the north Texas area to join us.
Itís a good ride for a great cause.
Even if you donít ride, come out and enjoy the festivities and give back to those who put everything on the line for you.

May God Bless our troops.

You might think that you're redneck
But I'm rednecker than you
Geezy Rider is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2021, 06:54 PM   #24
BlessedVeteran0305
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmh05 View Post
Thanks Sir. I'll let y'all know when the departure date gets closer. But I've got dates and I'm on the roster is all I can say.
Sounds good brother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
I saw combat, buddyís die, and taken lives and for years I thought people who had PTSD were FOS because I didnít have problems after separating. Well, that was until I held my childís lifeless body in my arms. That is an image I will never be able to shake, that wakes me up as well as keeps me up. I learned first hand PTSD comes in many flavors, not just combat.

I would not wish that kind of pain on my worst enemy

Micheal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezy Rider View Post
For those who would like to give back and support our heroís in need. Support The 6th Annual 22Kill Ride.
Me and my club be in attendance and I would like to encourage all TBH bikers in the north Texas area to join us.
Itís a good ride for a great cause.
Even if you donít ride, come out and enjoy the festivities and give back to those who put everything on the line for you.

May God Bless our troops.

You might think that you're redneck
But I'm rednecker than you

Riding always helps forgetting everything and just enjoying the moment. Unfortunately I had to sell my bike last year to help cover bills and miss it terribly. One of these days Ill be able to get back up on 2 wheels and ride again.

Glad to be apart of a group of guys like we have here. Its good to know other men that share the same faith. God Bless you brothers
Old 07-24-2021, 11:44 AM   #25
Quanah11
Ten Point

Hunt In: Llano

Yepp true that
Since I got a service dog itís been a ton better for me and my family

Quanah11 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-24-2021, 01:53 PM   #26
BlessedVeteran0305
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quanah11 View Post
Yepp true that
Since I got a service dog itís been a ton better for me and my family

I have been considering that but I can't take a service dog to my place of business and since they are with you 24/7 that rules that option out for now.
Old 07-24-2021, 02:07 PM   #27
jstamps50
Six Point

Hunt In: Cooke County TX/New Mexico/Wyoming

You are not alone! There are a lot of us that deal with the same thing! I've struggled for over a decade now, hunting and the outdoors is my medicine!
jstamps50 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-24-2021, 02:25 PM   #28
BlessedVeteran0305
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstamps50 View Post
You are not alone! There are a lot of us that deal with the same thing! I've struggled for over a decade now, hunting and the outdoors is my medicine!

Absolutely agree. I believe it's one of the best medicines right there next to riding a motorcycle on a long vacant winding road.
Old 07-24-2021, 08:29 PM   #29
Quanah11
Ten Point

Hunt In: Llano

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessedVeteran0305 View Post
I have been considering that but I can't take a service dog to my place of business and since they are with you 24/7 that rules that option out for now.

Thatís true I have mine with me everywhere
It is hard for most who canít have them

Quanah11 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-24-2021, 08:50 PM   #30
BlessedVeteran0305
Ten Point

If I could find a job that pays what I make or more and would allow me to have a service dog I would for sure have one.