Need help…Floating cabin build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help…Floating cabin build

Considering getting serious about a floating cabin in the bay, looking for someone who knows the ins and outs of building one…

Someone who can share knowledge and experience with choosing materials for floats, anchors, power, toilets, etc…

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you obtained a TPWD Permit? I thought you had to own a permit, and from what I last heard, they do not issue new ones. You have to buy existing permits from other individuals. I could be totally wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
      Have you obtained a TPWD Permit? I thought you had to own a permit, and from what I last heard, they do not issue new ones. You have to buy existing permits from other individuals. I could be totally wrong.

Correct

Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Originally posted by TxAgHntr View Post
        Considering getting serious about a floating cabin in the bay, looking for someone who knows the ins and outs of building one…

Someone who can share knowledge and experience with choosing materials for floats, anchors, power, toilets, etc…

Thanks!

There is a group on Facebook you might consider joining (Texas Floaters & Stilts Fishing Cabins). Tons of people in it own floaters and everyone is pretty good about sharing information and answering questions.

Comment

No, but you are correct. Have a few leads, but want to learn a bit more about actual constructing and rigging them before jumping off the deep end.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiburon1 View Post
            There is a group on Facebook you might consider joining (Texas Floaters & Stilts Fishing Cabins). Tons of people in it own floaters and everyone is pretty good about sharing information and answering questions.

Okay, will do that also. Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Tiburon1 View Post

Looks like you have to be an owner, I will see if they let me in.

Anyone else out there?

Comment

I think you can rent one for a weekend or something. May be a good way to see what they're built like. Down around the land cut I believe.

Comment

Capt. Carl has some floaters for rent in the Ulm near the jfk causeway.

Comment

There was a permit up for sale on 2 Cool fishing. Not sure where it was for.

Comment

I have built one. I will be happy to answer questions and maybe point you in the right direction. I sold mine a few years ago. Made some great memories out there. I will send PM with contact info.

Comment

Yep

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X