Good deer butchering video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good deer butchering video

I always enjoy watching videos on how to butcher/process a deer. They are all a little different, and you can always pick up some new tips, and find different cuts of meat. This one is from British hunter & chef Mike Robinson. I have used several of his recipes, and they have all been very good.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gj2vyaWxIWI&t=18s"]Butchering Deer for the best table fare with Chef Mike Robinson & the Mike Robinson Hunting Knife - YouTube[/ame]

Dr. Kroll says the shoulder is usually thrown away in US. I don't know who he has been hanging out with in camp, but I have never known anyone that would throw away a deer shoulder. I think he's full of caca

Comment

Originally posted by DFA View Post
      Dr. Kroll says the shoulder is usually thrown away in US. I don't know who he has been hanging out with in camp, but I have never known anyone that would throw away a deer shoulder. I think he's full of caca
      Lots of good meat off the shoulder. I liked how they cut the ribs off, into single pieces, will make it easier to cook them.

Comment

Sadly, I know someone that has been doing it for years...shanks too. I finally got him on board with saving them after making several recipes with each.

The Scott Rea videos are good too.

Comment

Its fun watching that old man cut it up, he sure is good.

Comment

Comment

Shoulders go into the grinder for me.

Comment

I like a good butcher video too but they just are not relevant to those of us without the luxury of hanging a carcass for days. Show one where you have to quarter it and get it in a cooler within minutes of the kill because it's still 100 degrees in Texas on Oct 1. Slime and blood add a whole other dimension to the butchering process.

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
                  I like a good butcher video too but they just are not relevant to those of us without the luxury of hanging a carcass for days. Show one where you have to quarter it and get it in a cooler within minutes of the kill because it's still 100 degrees in Texas on Oct 1. Slime and blood add a whole other dimension to the butchering process.
                  Agreed!

Comment

Originally posted by texashunter View Post
                    Lots of good meat off the shoulder. I liked how they cut the ribs off, into single pieces, will make it easier to cook them.

Comment

The guy likes more bones and fat than I do. When I process mine, it's all boneless and virtually all fat is cut out.

Comment

Where was the deer shot? The head? No bloody mess anywhere. Great video. The old guy can really work a knife.

Comment

That’s a healthy deer. Pretty nice knife and knife work too.

I’ve wanted to roast a full saddle ever since I read about it in a book years ago. Now I know how to get it out of the animal intact.

Thank you for sharing!
                          Last edited by MetalMan2004; 07-02-2021, 05:46 AM.

Comment

Very good video. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                            X