Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone ever done this?

Well I’ve had an interesting evening...

Backstory, it’s been a very stressful few days, rushing though final inspections at my job out here in Tempe... so I passed an inspection around 2:30 this afternoon, (I started around 6 this morning) so I came back to my hotel, ate a bite, and took a nap...

Well I don’t ever set an alarm in the morning, because I naturally wake up between 5:30-5:45 am everyday.

Well I woke up from my nap today at 5:44, and interestingly enough, the light that comes through the window at 5:45 pm, is very similar to the light that comes through the window at 5:45 am...

I tell myself it’s tome for work, shower, get dressed, call architects, subs, schedule a late check out, (after I tell the young lady working the front desk good morning!) and go about my day as if it’s Friday morning!

Not until I call my dad and argue about what day it is, do I realize that it is 6:30 pm, not am!

At this point it comes together, the sun is literally setting, and my dumb arse is sitting in my parking lot waiting on an inspector!

Friday can only be a good day friends!

I copied this from my Facebook so I didn’t have to type it all out again, but this was me the evening

LOL! You are working too hard!!

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
      LOL! You are working too hard!!
      It was pretty funny after the fact! I literally sat in the Home Depot parking lot from 5:56 (pm) waiting for Home Depot to “open” at 6 hahaha

Comment

Anyone ever done this?

I havnt worked that hard in a few years, and I don’t travel that much, but I’ve been there.

When I was 21 I lived at a bad *** bachelor pad, always a party, blah blah, people over every night, girls...blah blah. I was also working from 6:00 am to 7:30 or later PM most days, installing fireplaces. I would get home at 8, drink a bunch of beer and party with “whoever” showed up that night, get 2 or 3 hours sleep, if any, and do it over for months on end. I rarely worked saturdays, but did one week and got home to a house full of people at 8pm or so. I walked by them all and went and took a shower and went back out and partied for a while then went to bed about 3AM and woke up at 7 pm Sunday night. Sun was up, I didn’t set an alarm, and my phone was dead, and I knew I was too. Got dressed and ran out of my room to go get in my truck to go to work, and there were 15 drunk people on my back porch. I was dressed in work clothes and played it off telling them my dad needed some help at his house. I got in the truck and went to mom and dads and went right back to bed.

When I got home that Monday night, my roommate asked “did you skip a weekend?” Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Last edited by Dale Moser; 06-03-2021, 11:52 PM.

Comment

Only heard of such!!!LOL

Comment

That's great I thought I was the only one who did that.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Never to that extreme but i sure have thought it was the next day a few times and that why i hate to take a nap

Comment

Yes. Working nights, got home about 7am, went to bed. Phone rang around 8:15am and woke me up. ( I was summer ). I looked outside and freaked out thinking it was PM and had to be at work in 45min. Literally ran through the house grabbing everything to get ready and before heading out the door it dawned on me.

The 3+yrs I worked nights I was a zombie. Absolute nightmare. Hated every minute of it. More than a few times on the way home I would tear up as the sun was rising. Had a family and had to do what I had to do, but no more wife to support, I would rather starve than work nights again.

Comment

In high school I jumped up and got in the shower because I thought I was late to school after a nap. Mom got a kick out of that

Comment

Years ago, long before cell phones, my ~1 year old son played with my alarm clock after I fell asleep. It had a knob that when you twisted it the numbers would flip. I guess it entertained him for a little while. The alarm went off, I got up, showered, dressed and walked out to the kitchen and looked at the clock. It was only 2:30 am.

Comment

I have never done this but my almost 14 year old son is a super hard sleeper. When he is first woken up out of a dead sleep he is totally out of it and doesn't even know what's happening. This thread gives me so many ideas of how to jack with him and video it for future amusement!

Comment

The few times I have taken a nap or gone to sleep in the middle of the day, have resulted in similar incidents. I am strongly against sleeping in the middle of the day. I wind up waking up, then going into a panic and looking stupid trying to get ready for work.

Comment

Glad you passed the inspection and it's Friday for you.

Hope you get some rest and destress this weekend.

Comment

In Mexico one time we had a fishing trip scheduled and had to be up and at the marina at 6am or so. The day before I’d indulged in a few beverages at the resort and set my phone alarm right before passing out. It went off and I got up and got all ready and was yelling at my wife to get moving we’re gonna be late! After she gets ready we’re getting ready to walk out the door and she realizes it’s only 2:30am. Don’t set alarms when you’re hammered. She was not pleased.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                              Glad you passed the inspection and it's Friday for you.

Hope you get some rest and destress this weekend.
                              Unfortunately, I napped entirely to hard! I didn’t get back to sleep till around 2:30 am, and I met my inspector around 7:30 this morning... good news is I’m going to get my finals up today (fingers crossed) and I’ll head to my next job.. I get to spend my summer in Colorado, so it’s not terrible!

Comment

Working...
                              X