Walk in shower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walk in shower

The trophy wife and I are thinking about a walk in shower. Does anyone have an idea of what it costs for these one day installations cost? I'm not wanting to deal with a salesman to find out I can't afford it. If anybody had it done what am I looking at? You can PM me if it's outrageously high. Thanks.

Ours wasn’t a one day affair, but we really do love it. It was expensive, around $12K, but there was lots of work to do. Took out old tub, took out old 3x3 shower, installed oak cabinet where old shower was, built new walk-in as long as the old tub, regular stand up head as well as a head on a hose at the other end where there’s a bench seat. Nice !

Comment

It's weeks! Demo. Materials selected? Size? Details? Any?

Comment

Mine was around $3,500...
        Took a little over a week..........
        Mostly because, Home Despot screwed up the tile order..........
        But, I couldn't be happier..............
        btw --- I used The Good Contractors List....

Comment

Way too many possibilities. How many ans what type heads, wand, rainwater, side jets etc. Type of stone or tile. Floor material- tile, smooth river rocks, etc. Glass is expensive if making a glass wall- My glass alone was $1800. If you want an idea post up approximate size, materials, and how extreme you want to go. I highly suggest a bench the entire length.

Comment

subscribed

Comment

We are going to redo the kitchen and master bath. I think about 40k max is what we were thinking.
              If anyone has some recommendations post um up.

Comment

We put one in during a remodel after a flood. Not sure how much it cost but worth every penny! I think it's 4 x 6. I do remember the door was ridiculously expensive! It's pretty nice, a thick glass door and wall section with no frame, just has a handle and hinges. Ours has shower heads at both ends and a "rain" head in the ceiling that we never use.

Comment

I did my remodel myself after getting a couple crazy bids. It’s not rocket surgery. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by doug View Post
                    We put one in during a remodel after a flood. Not sure how much it cost but worth every penny! I think it's 4 x 6. I do remember the door was ridiculously expensive! It's pretty nice, a thick glass door and wall section with no frame, just has a handle and hinges. Ours has shower heads at both ends and a "rain" head in the ceiling that we never use.
                    You don’t use the rain head?????? I live under mine. Best feature in my house.

Comment

Never use our rain-shower head either! Should have never had it installed. Bench seat on the back side is really nice for the wife to place foot on while shaving. Glass enclosure was expensive. If I did it again I would not use tile, instead a solid piece of Quartz for the walls.
                      8-12K
                      Good Look
                      Sam J.

Comment

Originally posted by samj View Post
                        Never use our rain-shower head either! Should have never had it installed. Bench seat on the back side is really nice for the wife to place foot on while shaving. Glass enclosure was expensive. If I did it again I would not use tile, instead a solid piece of Quartz for the walls.
                        8-12K
                        Good Look
                        Sam J.
                        We had a bench in our last shower. I tore it out and put in a small niche at the level more comfortable for my wife to rest her foot to shave her legs. Works great. Just an idea for other folks.

Comment

I’ve turned this into my side BUISNESS in prep to make it my main job when the dairy finally closes doors.

Lots of variables. But labor and build up: 3x3 $2,700ish. 3x4) $3000ish.

Lots of variables but with materials and tear out .... $5000 minimum for quality

Comment

We just did a master bath remodel. I think we had around $7k into it. It took the guy about 15-20 days to complete. He is a one man show and would bring his wife or daughter to help him.

Comment

There's several company's that advertise doing it in one day. They just take out the tub and put in a one piece liner. In the commercials they advertise doing it in one day. Anyone do that?

Comment

Working...
                              X