End of my short full time LE career

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

End of my short full time LE career

I started late in the game of law enforcement. I worked in the jail for a year where I learned a lot. Mainly how to talk to people and that a little respect goes a long way. Then I went to patrol for 4 years. It was a blast, one second you are sitting typing a meaningless report then all of a sudden you are driving into a hostile environment. going off what little information dispatch received from the caller in distress on the other end, only to find out the information was no where near to what was broadcasted. Then my last 9years in investigations. Over the last 9 years I had the privilege of working child abuse sex/physical crimes, internet crimes against children and most recently human trafficking. Investigations is what I’m most proud of in my career. Children are the most innocent victims and it is very rewarding to get a hefty sentence on a **** who perpetrated on a child. Unfortunately everything has turned political. Everyone wants to see the press release arrest of human trafficking and internet crimes suspects. The leaders of all the agencies jump in front of the camera and say what a great job their department is doing only to have judges PR bond or slash bonds in half a couple days later. Hours of work to let these predators go only to catch them again and again. A couple years ago our county created a medical examiners office and had one full time investigator. However, they have been busier than they thought and a couple weeks ago created a second full time investigator spot. Luckily for me the one investigator they hired was my training officer in CID and we have worked many cases together and know how each other work. I applied and got the job so starting Monday I’ll be a medical examiner investigator (non popo)The great thing is all
    My time on the books and retirement just keep on adding up and transfers.

And I get to keep my planned vacations as well
    June-puerto Vallarta fishing , Venice LA fishing
    July-chandeleur islands trip with members from here
    November- Illinois deer hunting
    December- Missouri deer hunt.

I am sure there are politics in every department of every occupational but working for an elected official has it own stressors as well. I am nervous and excited to see the adventures that lie ahead.

To my first responder friends. Keep up the good fight and stay safe.

Well thank you for all you've done,, Good luck on the new position and new chapter of your life...

Comment

Wow. Bad things happen to good people but good does too. This is a perfect example. Happy for you man.

Comment

Well done and congrats
        I can only imagine how it sucks to arrest a POS only to run him or see him again a short time after.
        Your career old and new make a huge difference to humanity even if it may not always be noticeable

Comment

Good for you!

Comment

Thanks for all you do and good luck.

Comment

Thank you. My old neighbor did this for years as a detective as well in Houston. He was recently reassigned as a cop at a local high school and no longer a detective. Not sure if that was what he wanted or something happened. I do know he was proud of his work catching predators. He has a young family at home so I am sure he took it personal to catch these criminals.

Sad to hear about these guys getting off scott free to only do it again

Comment

Good news. Hope you have great success in the new gig!

Comment

Gotta follow what is right for you and take advantage of situations when they are in front of you.

Comment

Congrats on the new gig. And thanks for all you do!

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Thank you for your work and good luck in the new job.

Comment

Sounds like a great move for you and thanks for helping protect us from "them".

Comment

Does that mean you're gonna be poking around in dead people goo?

I mean that's what the ME investigators do here

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Congratulations! I don't know how any of your LEOs put up with all the bull **** that now comes with the job.

Comment

I'd take a full-time, unpaid position cutting things off of child predators......if you hear of anything.

Congrats on the promotion!

Comment

Working...
                              X