X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check out Havoc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’d look at Avid boats (21 fs or 21 fusion bay series) or, like you mentioned, Xpress 20HB or 22HB with the hyperlift hull

But that’s just me. Center console bay boat... I could not care less about ANYTHING freshwater
      Last edited by K. Lane; 08-01-2021, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Lotta good info/recommendations on brands in here, so far.

How big a boat you wanna get? How much HP do you want? Console or tiller steer? You can get a tiller steer up to 150HP now. Most of those are for bigger boats and have props used for moving heavier loads. They also have electric or hydraulic assist in steering.
        Last edited by Texas Grown; 08-01-2021, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Havoc, ambush or Edge if going with an outboard.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
            Thanks. Keep it coming. I didn’t mention boatright because the now/low sides won’t work well with kiddos.

I took many dozens of kids of all ages fishing on my no side Boatright and never had a single one ever fall in.

Comment

Budget will determine which hull.

You'll spend more for prodigy, excel,avid,boat right etc but it will be higher quality.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

There are two I really like the quality of besides Boatright. I have a buddy who got a Hanko built this year and it's a beast of a boat. He had a 24-25'er built. Very nice quality and the price wasn't bad for what he got. Now he pieced his together and rigged it himself but it was way cheaper than a Boatright.

The other I have seen in person several times is the Long Beach aluminum boats out of Mississippi. I spoke to the Long Beach folks at length about building me an almost identical replacement for my Boatright but 26' long instead of 24' and the price was much better than Boatright. I have checked out several of them in person and the quality is better too. Very well built boats.

The other two I'd tell you to look at are Alweld and Weldcraft. But they are not in the same class and don't ride the same as Boatright, Hanko or Long Beach.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaun View Post
                  I bought a G3 1652 about two years ago. It has without a doubt been the toughest Jon I’ve ever owned. All metal and no wood to rotten out. I’ve been very happy with it with the exception of the motor should be a 50-60hp. I put a 25 ho Yamaha on it and it only goes 24 mph loaded with me and one other person.

I recognize that rig by it's rod holders.

Comment

I have a duracraft from 98 no cracks or leaks not sure if there still made as well as they used to be seems like anything new don't last

Comment

I grew up on aluminum boats, and even though I like bay fishing a lot I still like to be able to hit the rivers and lake and catfish so I needed something a little more “do all”

Went with a WeldCraft. 16’ (forgot the width)
                      Has been a great boat so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                        I recognize that rig by it's rod holders.

I've been out in it once or twice. They are working great.

Comment

Lund

Comment

My old Texas Made.
                            I sure miss her.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1165.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	124.7 KB
ID:	24657695

Comment

Ranger, Xpress, Allweld is where I'd look. I'd only consider a welded aluminum boat (i.e., no rivets).
                              -M

Comment

If you're not dead set on buying new, I'd look into an older hull and have it built out how you want it. I'm in this one for about 7k total. That's after the motor as well. I fish sabine lake, east bay, Trinity bay, rayburn and toledo with it. It's not the best riding boat, but I can find fishable water almost any day, and it's been paid for since day one. It's in the water at least 3 times a month, but sometimes 8-10 times. Just depends on what projects/sports/ work is going on at the time.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X