Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 07-29-2021, 08:13 AM   #101
skelsey
Six Point

Goodman all aluminum
skelsey is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-29-2021, 08:56 AM   #102
Outback
Ten Point

Hunt In: Llano primarily

18 years is not old IMHO. You may have to replace the fan motor upstairs or on the condenser unit or perhaps some start capacitors but I would expect you should get up to 30 years. I keep capacitors and extra fan motors in stock and swap them out when they fail.
Outback is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-29-2021, 10:24 AM   #103
bowhntrmatt
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Comstock

Quote:
Originally Posted by savin yours View Post
Had an ac guy come by yesterday for a replacement quote. They sell Armstrong, he says it’s the “caddy of Lennox”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Armstrong is a lennox subsidiary brand. Kind of like how an archery brand has their flagship bow that sells at pro shops (lennox), they also have the ones that sell at Bass Pro Shops under the Redhead brand (Armstrong).

Every AC guy will tell you that whatever brand they peddle is the best.
bowhntrmatt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-29-2021, 04:01 PM   #104
savin yours
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Lampasas

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhntrmatt View Post
Armstrong is a lennox subsidiary brand. Kind of like how an archery brand has their flagship bow that sells at pro shops (lennox), they also have the ones that sell at Bass Pro Shops under the Redhead brand (Armstrong).

Every AC guy will tell you that whatever brand they peddle is the best.

Thanks

savin yours is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-30-2021, 08:11 PM   #105
janleana
Nubbin' Buck

I can give you a list of the best air conditioning brands. Trane Central AC Units. Rheem Air Conditioners. Lennox HVAC Units. York AC Units. Ruud Central Air Conditioners. Amana HVAC Systems. HEIL Air Conditioners. Bryant Air Conditioning Units. And here are the worst brands of air conditioning like: Onida, Akai, Hisense, Tcl and Mistral, which are bad not only at air conditioning, but also at other electronics. If you want to install a good air conditioner, you will also need some good craftsmen. I for example hired a team from here https://www.spartamech.co.uk/air-conditioning-service/, and I was pleased with the result. Hope you will succeed.

Last edited by janleana; 07-30-2021 at 08:17 PM.
janleana is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-30-2021, 09:56 PM   #106
futureagg
Ten Point

Hunt In: Crockett

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelsey View Post
Goodman all aluminum

Iím a a supplier for Goodman. They are not all aluminum. They are galvanized coated steel.

I would definitely go with Trane or Lennox though after seeing how they are made.

futureagg is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-01-2021, 10:25 AM   #107
denimdeerslayer
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Waller

Make sure you get aluminum coils. This new stuff eats up copper.

denimdeerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2021, 12:41 AM   #108
ZosCols
Nubbin' Buck

Today there are many brands on the market. It makes sense to study them because many young companies accounted for decent competition with prominent brands. Indeed, no matter what manufacturer you choose, the main thing is that you correctly installed the equipment. It is initial to read more reviews and select a reputable company. In addition, I would recommend finding a good provider for servicing the air conditioning system. Who will explain to you all the nuances and what additional features you need, such as aircon gas top up price, to save on your system.
ZosCols is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2021, 01:23 AM   #109
JBJTX81
Ten Point

Hunt In: Where the wife gives me permission to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerscowboy View Post
Over 27 years experience with residential flood repairs, remodeling, and new construction (mass production and custom). All at the same time. 27 professional years of each. $200k-1.5mil price points.

#1 How long are you going to keep the house?

#2 What is your lifestyle? 78, 76, 72 degrees or even cooler? Days and nights.

#3 As others have stated, the installer is equally or more important as the brand & model. I've built some very tight houses at $200k with base level components.

Consider that nearly all houses are concrete, lumber, and masonry; What makes one better constructed than the other? Good Supervision.
So if I'm looking to upgrade what should I get. Brand, seer rating, etc.

House 3900 sqft. 2013 construction with foam. Its tight. Like to keep the whole house 72-74 during the day. Like to keep our room 64-66 at night. Probably won't be living here in 8-10 yrs.

What's my best bag for the buck? I think currently we have 5 tons for most of house and 2-3 tons for mater bed/bath/closet/dressing area.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
JBJTX81 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2021, 05:06 AM   #110
60 Deluxe
Ten Point

Hunt In: at home

We put in a 4 ton American Standard (Trane) two years ago this month. It is the noisiest ever. Sounds like a jet taking off and landing. Seven trips for the HVAC guys out here to get it right. Two internal drip trays and a new air handler coil later, we finally have all but the noise taken care of. We turned the fan to the lowest setting and changed to soft duct work to try to get rid of the whine. That was marginally successful.
60 Deluxe is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2021, 06:53 AM   #111
fishman
Ten Point

Hunt In: Wilbarger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60 Deluxe View Post
We put in a 4 ton American Standard (Trane) two years ago this month. It is the noisiest ever. Sounds like a jet taking off and landing. Seven trips for the HVAC guys out here to get it right. Two internal drip trays and a new air handler coil later, we finally have all but the noise taken care of. We turned the fan to the lowest setting and changed to soft duct work to try to get rid of the whine. That was marginally successful.

I've worked on thousands of units over the last 28 years and to be honest, Trane and the older goodman units (before Daiken bought them) make up for probably 70% of all my service calls.
fishman is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2021, 08:59 AM   #112
TxMedic
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Kimble County

Ron aka Airehead just recently replaced my parentís system with a York. They are very happy with it.
TxMedic is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2021, 01:49 PM   #113
r_u_sharp_2
Ten Point

Hunt In: Junction

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxMedic View Post
Ron aka Airehead just recently replaced my parentís system with a York. They are very happy with it.
Same.. had it for 2 years now. Just works.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
r_u_sharp_2 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top