Archery related injury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deuce16 View Post
    The rotator cuff joins the ball of the upper arm bone (humorous) into the shoulder socket, muscles and tendons make it up. It’s not one muscle or tendon and isn’t in the shoulder blade.
    Had people say, I tore my rotator cuff… and I reply, which part? And the repeat the rotator cuff. Lol
    Beat me to it. However, I don’t find it “humorous”. :-). Someone will catch my humor. :-)

Comment

I did the same thing 6 yrs ago- did not go get it checked out , after a weeks rest I went back hunting and had drawn back on a buck but never got the angle. When I let off it felt like a knife stabbed me in my shoulder and that was it for me until about 4 months ago! I could not make myself get a crossbow so I got a very smooth bow and I’m shooting 56 lbs . All is good now!

Comment

Sounds like it might be your rotator cuff. Look up the “supraspinatus” muscle and you’ll notice it runs and attaches near the front of your shoulder… the front of the shoulder is a common site for pain when that muscle is involved. Hopefully it’s a simple strain! Keep it moving but hold off on any sort of heavy lifting for at least a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Vaginitis. Drink a beer and walk it off. JK.

OP…Never said if it was the bow arm or string arm. Makes a difference. If bow arm…form is wrong. If string arm…form is wrong.

Good luck Mr85. Im a huge fan of fewest arrows possible in a session. Its not a natural position for us to maintain the strain on our joints amd ligaments.
          Last edited by Briar Friar; 08-01-2021, 12:24 AM. Reason: JKSpake

Comment

Could be a strained or torn labrum.

Comment

Lower your poundage on your bow.
              Do stretching exercises before you shoot to warm up.
              Shoot less at the beginning, and increase as you get stronger.
              Shooting too much in a single session just causes the development of bad shooting form.
              I've ruined both my shoulders working and not doing archery so listen to your body.

Comment

Arm has no pain today. Gonna give it a rest for a week and see what happens.

I’m not a newby to archery and am used to pulling heavy poundage bows....I just think I overdid it this time. Hope it’s a stressed tendon or ligament and not something more serious

Comment

Rest it

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                    There’s a big difference- the arrow goes further into the ground on the other side of the deer at 70 vs 58.
                    Good one John.

Comment

Originally posted by txtrophy85 View Post
                      Arm has no pain today. Gonna give it a rest for a week and see what happens.

I’m not a newby to archery and am used to pulling heavy poundage bows....I just think I overdid it this time. Hope it’s a stressed tendon or ligament and not something more serious
                      No arm pain sounds good, rest some more also sounds good. Sneak up on it don’t overdo when you start back up, good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by 3ChordTruth View Post
                        Good one John.
                        It also hits the ground a lot sooner at 58 vs. 70 lbs too.

I want my rigs to be able to take animals at 80-90 yards. If all I did was shoot whitetails out of a pop up then yes I would shoot a 60 lb bow

Comment

Im not sure my 50# longbow would even stick in a bag target at 90 yards

Comment

Working...
                          X