Small Lake behind Canton Walmart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small Lake behind Canton Walmart

Just found out about this lake. Can anybody tell me anything about it? It’s behind the Walmart in Canton. Going to try and drive out by it this weekend.

is that the one that is around the Clements ranch?

Comment

Mill Creek (at least that is what it was called years ago)

Used to train lab out there with a group

Fishing used to be pretty good.

Comment

It is first monday weekend. You might want to postpone your adventure at least a week.

-john

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post
          It is first monday weekend. You might want to postpone your adventure at least a week.

-john
          That don’t even bother me anymore. Will be out with the wife walking around First Monday like always. It’s 10 minutes from the house and we go every month.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
            Mill Creek (at least that is what it was called years ago)

Used to train lab out there with a group

Fishing used to be pretty good.

Someone on the Texas Kayak Forum just told me about it. Never even knew it was back there. They said the bass fishing was great at it. Going to go drive around it this weekend. Not getting to hunt really anymore so trying to learn to kayak and fish. Figure that might be a little cheaper then a boat payment and upkeep. I hope!!!

Comment

Mill Creek on 19 is a big RV and mini home resort now. About 2 miled north of Canton on 19.

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
                Mill Creek on 19 is a big RV and mini home resort now. About 2 miled north of Canton on 19.
                Too far north Grant

This lake has a dam right out the back door of the walmart there

Comment

This is Millcreek behind the Canton Walmart. It is the Canton water source. I think it has produced at least 1 16 or 17 pound bass and has good Croppie fishing. Beautiful little late. I believe you’re supposed to get a permit from the city to launch your boat into that lake but that’s pretty reasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by Treeshark View Post
                    This is Millcreek behind the Canton Walmart. It is the Canton water source. I think it has produced at least 1 16 or 17 pound bass and has good Croppie fishing. Beautiful little late. I believe you’re supposed to get a permit from the city to launch your boat into that lake but that’s pretty reasonable.

Going to find out this weekend hopefully.

Comment

Originally posted by tazhunter0 View Post
                      Going to find out this weekend hopefully.
                      Last I heard you paid at the police department $5 for a day pass I think.

Comment

I fished it long ago. Has alot of lilly pads. Frog and pulled 12 inch power worms across it with non weight. I actually caught 3 fish over 8# one morning on a lure called a Ghost. I fished it out of a Bass Buster boat with trolling motor only.

Comment

Yea it has a pretty good reputation for bass. Buddy of mine gets on the crappie pretty good when they are on brush piles. Perfect size lake for a kayak. I have never personally seen it crowded.

Comment

OK.

Comment

Supposed to have a permit bought at city hall. Not a deep lake but full of big bass, crappie, and shellcrackers. Bass this time of year are in hydrilla and brush. There are 5 man made PVC trees put out by TPWD scattered by the dam. They all hold fish.

Comment

Working...
                              X