No announcement yet.

Hand foot and mouth. Any help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soaking hands and feet in a warm bowl of Aveno Oat Meal Bath mixed very rich helped me. It is the most miserable sickness I have had. Only way I could eat was individually dab a tropical ointment from the doctor inside my mouth on each blister. It would numb it just long enough to eat. There is light at the end of the tunnel on day 7-10. I also got a steroid shot that also helped. I got it two years ago from my oldest. My 1 year old has it now and is absolutely miserable

Comment

Matt, just seeing this. Ooooof. I feel for you. That sounds miserable. We shall start calling you Job. Hope you get some sleep and wake up to a much better day.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
        No it doesn’t. Tried it this morning.

I finally passed out for about 3 hours this morning. Still need way more rest. Slight improvement today but not much. Hands are throbbing.
        I hate this for you!!! Once normal. RiverRat (tim) and I will buy you dinner. Of course it will be whataburger in Lampasas lol

Wish you well.

Comment

My granddaughter got it at daycare and gave it to me a few years ago. I went to the doc and got s steroid shot and some pills but don't remember what they were now. I only had it on my hands and feet, but it was horrible. I hate it for you. On a positive note, the worst was over in just a couple days. Hang in there!! I know it's rough.

Comment

Hey Matt. Checking in with you. Told my wife about y’all. She’s got her masters in family medicine and has seen it before in the e r. Said it’s bad stuff. Was glad to here it may be subsiding a little fir you. Well wishes young man.
            Blessings

Comment

I had it years ago. It was pretty awful. From what I remember it just has to run it's course. Took about 6 days for me to feel better. Lucky me I was working out of town the week I had it. Started feeling off about the time I arrived at my destination. Started feeling better when I was headed home. Nothing like looking like a leper when working with people who don't know you. Especially in a hospital setting.

Comment

Feelin' any better by now Matt? Hope so!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                  Feelin' any better by now Matt? Hope so!
                  Yes! On the mend. Days 3 and 4 were the worst pain I’ve ever felt in my life.

Comment

Good deal! Hopefully your little girl is over it too by now!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                      Good deal! Hopefully your little girl is over it too by now!
                      Oh yes. She’s been good for days.

Sorry I didn’t update.

If anyone gets HFM just jump off a bridge.

Comment

Working...
                      X