SE Iowa Velvet Bucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SE Iowa Velvet Bucks

These pictures start around the end of May when some of the "back yard bucks" started to shape up. The last pictures are the last few days. This camera is about 125 yards from the back of the house in a timber strip between two soy bean fields. I put 15lbs of a mix of corn, 12% sweet feed and 20% protein every evening. It does not matter if I put 15lbs or 50lbs the deer will eat it all overnight. It is just a snack for them as they trade back and forth between bean fields. I get about 150 to 200 pictures a night.
    Attached Files

Super Cool!! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

You've got some great looking prospects coming on there. They do grow very good living at the buffet. Keep us updated (envious).

Comment

Looking good

Comment

Thanks for sharing pics Mike

You are in for excellent hunts now and in the future

Sure you won't miss those 90+ degree days of opening archery

Good hunting to you

TD

Comment

Very nice!!!!!! Those are some great bucks. Looks like the buck nest maybe a good spot for you to be opening morning.

I love me some trail camera threads. Thanks for posting, Mike. Best of luck to you this coming season. Looks like it’s going to be a great season.

Comment

Here is a view from the bean field on the edge of the timber strip looking back towards the house. The feeder and camera are about 50 yards to my right.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Looking great!

Comment

Beautiful country!!!!!

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Bone Thug View Post
                      Very nice!!!!!! Those are some great bucks. Looks like the buck nest maybe a good spot for you to be opening morning.

I love me some trail camera threads. Thanks for posting, Mike. Best of luck to you this coming season. Looks like it’s going to be a great season.
                      Thanks Brandon. I am going to get on them earlier this year. I have waited until October 20th the last two years to start hunting. They have already started getting off the summer feed pattern by then and are moving into pre-rut. I will start earlier this year mainly evening sits until later in October.

Comment

The atmosphere seems to be a little contentious around that feeder Mike !

As has been said, you have some good prospects !

Comment

Got a couple target bucks looks like if they stay close. How are the tracking cats faring? Avoiding the coyotes I hope,

Comment

Very nice, I bet them deer hammer that bean field, probably are right now. That 64 degrees I bet feels fantastic

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                              The atmosphere seems to be a little contentious around that feeder Mike !

As has been said, you have some good prospects !
                              They get a little testy.... especially when the Red Neck feeder runs dry.[emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                              Last edited by Arrowsmith; 07-25-2021, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X