If only time would slow down.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If only time would slow down.

Got the news that one of the best friends I've ever had or that I'll ever have passed away early this morning. He was roughly 40 years older than me.I have several friends around the same age. I grew up around these guys. They're all friends of my grandpas so naturally they're friends of mine. They're getting up there in age now and unfortunately time doesn't wait on anybody. Guys that I thought were going to be around forever are leaving. Guys that I thought were unstoppable. It's been a blessing and at times like this I feel it's a bit of a curse. I've been cheated. At least that's how I'm feeling right now. I didn't learn all the things that he knew. But I'd like to think he taught me enough. It's hard seeing your heroes go away.

I want time to slow down. I want time to rewind. So that I could talk to him again. Just one more time. I've been up for 3 hours reflecting on things. Ain't no way I'll sleep now. It's gonna be a long day. Not that it'll change anything. I'm in shock. I just can't believe it. I sat and watched Gunsmoke and talked to him for a few hours the day before yesterday.

Take time to listen to your elders any chance you get. Make time to see them and listen to their stories. Help them any chance you get. You only get so much time to do it. Once your time is up that's it.
    Last edited by okrattler; 07-23-2021, 04:34 AM.

Sorry for your loss. Prayers sent

Comment

Originally posted by Short Mag View Post
      Sorry for your loss. Prayers sent
      Thanks bud. I appreciate ya.

Comment

Prayers up

Comment

Sorry for your loss, prayers for you and your family.

Comment

You know, he was unlike anyone I've ever known. I can't say I ever saw that man get super upset. Without a doubt the most easy going person I've ever known. He just kinda went with the flow. I'm sure some things bothered him. But you'd never have known it. The most I ever heard out of him when things went wrong was "dadgum it." Built a lot of fence and moved a lot of cattle with him over the years. Saw a 500 pound calf kick him in the arm when he was 72 years old. It actually cut him. Blood was leaking everywhere and he acted like it barely got him. He said "You little sucker dog." and that was the only thing that came out of that deal. They ain't makin guys like him anymore. He was one of a kind. There's absolutely no doubt about that.

I can't explain how good he was. There's no words.
            Last edited by okrattler; 07-23-2021, 04:59 AM.

Comment

Sorry for your loss.

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk

Comment

It’s all good young man. Take what you learned from and pass it on. And thank God for the time you had with him. Take lots of pictures. That’s what I regret most about the passing of my folks, not enough pictures. And remember this : “time is a great teacher. Unfortunately it kills all its students”. Take care and thank God you woke up this morning. I sent you a pm btw.
                Blessings,
                Bruce

Comment

Sorry for your loss, prayers sent!

Comment

I am sorry for your loss, his families loss, and our loss on earth. We need more folks like him knocking sense into us. Giving advice, sharing knowledge. Cherish the memories you have and hold onto the great times.

Comment

I appreciate the kind words and prayers sent y'all. I learned a lot more than I probably realize. I think I'm probably just being the way humans normally are when things like this happen. It's hard to wrap your mind around. You see someone one day and they're gone the next. But as we all know that's the way it goes. Life will do that to ya. And it never gets any easier.

Comment

Not much to say. Getting old sucks. Used to you'd go to birthdays, weddings, and kids getting born.
                        Now, it's funerals and old folks home.
                        Getting old sucks, but it beats the alternative.

Sorry to hear the loss of a good man. I know how it feels. I've lost quite a few good friends lately.
                        It'll be brighter tomorrow.

btw...seems like time only gets faster.

Comment

Man, I do not want to go to work today. But I know what he'd tell me to do. His heart ain't hurtin bad though. Mine is. Rough day.

Comment

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
                            Not much to say. Getting old sucks. Used to you'd go to birthdays, weddings, and kids getting born.
                            Now, it's funerals and old folks home.
                            Getting old sucks, but it beats the alternative.

Sorry to hear the loss of a good man. I know how it feels. I've lost quite a few good friends lately.
                            It'll be brighter tomorrow.

btw...seems like time only gets faster.
                            I'm only 32, but I'm right there with you. I know exactly what you're talkin about.

Comment

So sorry for the loss...
                              but it is a sad reality, every day that goes by, we get older and of course those we love that are older then us, leave us sooner then we want.. such a very sad reality...

Comment

Working...
                              X