Chronograph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chronograph

Well my old Chrony Beta took a dive and no longer records about 80% of the shots. Eats batteries like a fat guy eating hotdogs. After about 40 years I got my monies worth I guess.

I'm looking at the Caldwell G2 inverted chrono that bluetooths to my cell phone.

Who uses one of these and what's the skinny on them.

Not interested in anything that straps to my barrel or one of them $600 orange thingys.

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
    Not interested in anything that straps to my barrel or one of them $600 orange thingys.
    Well that rules out the best two options. Seems like almost everybody runs Magneto Speed or Labradar now. I have had really good luck with my Magneto Speed.

If you don’t want it strapped to your barrel, they do make adapters to attach the magnetospeed to a pic rail on your stock.

Comment

I have the new caldwell chrony it works very well ! paid 175.00 for it.

Comment

Whatcha got against fat guys eating hotdogs!!! Lol

Comment

If you can find an Oehler 35p they are great but I have no idea what they are going for...

Comment

I second the 35p. And you’re seriously making a mistake not considering the V3 or labradar. Small investment comparatively speaking. I need to upgrade from my V3 to a labradar.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
              I second the 35p. And you’re seriously making a mistake not considering the V3 or labradar. Small investment comparatively speaking. I need to upgrade from my V3 to a labradar.

Let me know if you want to sell your V3. I’ve got a buddy that was looking at getting one.

Need him to get his own so he’ll quit borrowing mine. [emoji16]

Comment

Originally posted by Raider4044 View Post
                Let me know if you want to sell your V3. I’ve got a buddy that was looking at getting one.

Need him to get his own so he’ll quit borrowing mine. [emoji16]
                Lol! Will do. Probably be a bit. Gotta get caught back up on play money after paying for an Aoudad hunt and a rifle

Comment

I've got an old Pact Model 1XP that has served me well for several years. I don't use it near as much as I used to. I'd also look at Pact chronographs. they're in about the same price point as the Caldwell.

Comment

I've got an older Pact with skyscreens and tripod that I haven't used in years.
                    $50 if someone wants to come get it around Austin.
                    PM me if interested.

Comment

I’ve got a Caldwell G2 chronograph sitting in my garage that I could part ways with. I don’t use it anymore because I bought a LabRadar. PM me if interested.

Comment

Now looking at one of these. Downside is they are so BIG.
                        CED M2 Shooting Chronograph https://www.cedhk.com/ced-m2-chronograph

Comment

Originally posted by Raider4044 View Post
                          Well that rules out the best two options. Seems like almost everybody runs Magneto Speed or Labradar now. I have had really good luck with my Magneto Speed.

If you don’t want it strapped to your barrel, they do make adapters to attach the magnetospeed to a pic rail on your stock.

Love my Labradar. Nothing to align, gives up to 5 down range velocity readings to check BC. Saves data to an SD card, can view on iPad if wanted…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

With all the money you have invested in firearms and reloading equipment just spend the few hundred extra dollars and get the Labrador. I assure you it’s worth every penny and you will be happy with your decision once you use it the first time.

Comment

I don't use a chrono enough to warrant spending $700 on the orange thing.
                              Maybe once or twice a year out of curiosity. If I shot competition then I would have one. Like a lot of things it's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it therefore having the mackdaddy of chrono's is not important to me. All I need is one similar to what I have used for 40 years. The one I have still works but eats batteries. A half day at the range will take minimum of two 9v duracells. I might try a Lithium energizer and see if it lasts longer or burns up the unit.

Comment

Working...
                              X