No announcement yet.

Must do in life - Whale Sharks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If any of you go- i suggest getting boat to yourself- try and swim with the rays. They do move faster so swims are shorter but well worth it
    Attached Files

Comment

Josh and I had one nearly jump onto the casting deck on my boat in the Port Mansfield jetty area one afternoon. Darn thing made three jumps, flying outbound in the main Port Mansfield channel, which we were sailing inbound, meeting this guy face to face in transit.

It's last jump, before landing in Rack's lap, sitting up front on the console seat, it dove just under the bow and swam under the boat, leaping again, right off the stern and continuing to leap and swim, all the way out into the Gulf.

It wasn't too big, about as wide as my boat.........I grabbed the throttles and pulled back - staring at a Manta ray - well over my head at the arc of it's leap, just about 20ft in front of the boat - flying into the boat as we sail head on into it's leaps - those last few jumps were interesting and we were getting braced up for it to land on top of us.........

They are very visual and they do recognize us and everything around them, they can be pretty curious. Very spooky animals - if you scare one - watch how fast they move - unreal for their size and weight!

Word has it - SEA GREEN SPEEDOS are the SEA OF CORTEZ Dealio right now - Glen!

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
        Josh and I had one nearly jump onto the casting deck on my boat in the Port Mansfield jetty area one afternoon. Darn thing made three jumps, flying outbound in the main Port Mansfield channel, which we were sailing inbound, meeting this guy face to face in transit.

It's last jump, before landing in Rack's lap, sitting up front on the console seat, it dove just under the bow and swam under the boat, leaping again, right off the stern and continuing to leap and swim, all the way out into the Gulf.

It wasn't too big, about as wide as my boat.........I grabbed the throttles and pulled back - staring at a Manta ray - well over my head at the arc of it's leap, just about 20ft in front of the boat - flying into the boat as we sail head on into it's leaps - those last few jumps were interesting and we were getting braced up for it to land on top of us.........

They are very visual and they do recognize us and everything around them, they can be pretty curious. Very spooky animals - if you scare one - watch how fast they move - unreal for their size and weight!

Word has it - SEA GREEN SPEEDOS are the SEA OF CORTEZ Dealio right now - Glen!

That's awesome. Near death experience right there! Luckily he recognized you as a fellow Poseidon brethren...a man born of the sea...a man with saltwater in his veins....a distant cousin.

A mari usque ad mare

Comment

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynQZBOcNQLs"]Whale Shark 2021 Isla Mujeres - YouTube[/ame]

Im 6’04 @ 250# for reference

Comment

Man, I don't care if those things are "plankton-eaters", Glen you were messin' round on the business end of that sucker!! What an awesome experience!! I'm impressed sir!!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
              Man, I don't care if those things are "plankton-eaters", Glen you were messin' round on the business end of that sucker!! What an awesome experience!! I'm impressed sir!!
              I dont think he's skeered of much swimming around out there! Except maybe a kingfish with a set of treble hooks in it! Want to see him squeel like a girl show him something that slithers around on the ground!

That video is awesome! I'm so glad yall got to do it!

Comment

Those are some nice pictures, pretty cool. It would be very cool to see some, some day.

Comment

Originally posted by doug View Post
                  I dont think he's skeered of much swimming around out there! Except maybe a kingfish with a set of treble hooks in it! Want to see him squeel like a girl show him something that slithers around on the ground!

That video is awesome! I'm so glad yall got to do it!

Oh No!! He ain't one of THOSE KIND is he??

Comment

Yep. Im one of those sissies. Ill swim with anything as long as it dont slither. Ive caught hogs and barred them. But you couldnt pay me enough to pick up a grass copperheadrattlemoskin.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                      Whale Shark 2021 Isla Mujeres - YouTube

Im 6’04 @ 250# for reference
                      So basically he has a 250# upper lip.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Comment

Dammit, boy!!! Don't do that!

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                          Yep. Im one of those sissies. Ill swim with anything as long as it dont slither. Ive caught hogs and barred them. But you couldnt pay me enough to pick up a grass copperheadrattlemoskin.
                          Here here!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Went the year before last in isla. It was an awesome sight to behold

Comment

Looks like a bass coming up to swallow a frog !
                                No thanks, I’ll pass.

Comment

Working...
                                X