Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crossbow broadhead target???

What would y'all recommend?

I had to dismantle my broadhead compound bow target to get a field point bolt out.
    I doubt it'll survive a broadhead bolt.

Preferably one I can actually pull the arrow out of without giving myself a hernia!

Comment

I use a Rhinehart 18 in 1 for broadheads and a Morrell bag target for field points

Comment

I use a the Academy knockoff of the Rhinehart. Think it's a Gamewinner. DO NOT shoot a fieldpoint into it,(it will dang near rub the wraps off the bolts and it's heck getting them out) but, I've been able to shoot the same spitfire tipped bolts multible times and it comes right out. Guess the blade slices make the bolt easier to pull out. Spitfires shoot exactly the same as fieldpoints anyway, so i shoot a bag most of the time. Just experimenting with the crossbow thing at this point.

Comment

Blob

Comment

Just tried a field point in the Yellow Jacket and it came out easy. Might pick up an 18-1 looks like a good target.

Comment

I like the Rages with the plastic collars. They come with a practice point that is fixed and not sharp to zero/practice with Aerodynamically identical.

Comment

NAP spitfires - All bows, and my crossbow, and everyone I've ever known. They always fly EXACTLY like your field points, and make BIG HOLES in deer.

Comment

Vortex flies like field points ALSO. RAGE SUCK

Comment

Morrell High Roller - only one the local archery shop carried, they said it was the best and so far, I have no argument with that.

Comment

I already have my broad head decision made. RMS Cutthroat COC Single bevels.
                      Just asking about the target.

Comment

I’m shooting mine into a Reinhardt 18-1.
                        Field points can be a little tough to get out so I use scorpion venom on my bolts for that.
                        My broadhead practice heads slide out easy.

I picked this one up on Camofire for about $89.00 if I remember correctly.

Comment

Get a bar of scent free soap (dry, not wet). And rub it on the shaft from the point back about 8-12 inches. It will help any arrow pull out of any foam target. And keep the foam from sticking to the shaft when it enters. I've been doing it for 20 years now. And you don't have to worry about perfume stinking up your arrows or bolts since the bar soap is scent free.

Also, foam target blocks are rated by fps. So be sure to get one that exceeds your max speed. And you won't have to worry as much about getting a pass through. Just don't shoot at the same spot over and over. And at the end of every session or two, pick up your target and drop it squarely on the ground a time or two. This helps the innards keep settled on the lighter block targets with loose stuffing or layers on the cheaper ones.

I have several targets for shooting indoors down my hallway. I have a max distance of 9 yards. So it's critical that my targets stop my bolts and arrows. And when I run them through my crono, sometimes it's only 2-3 yards in front of the target. After I bought my Ravin R29X last summer, I had to order a new target to keep from getting pass throughs when running test. Wound up with a SpyderWeb XL No Speed Limit target rated for 500 fps. My bolts weigh 439gr, and I'm getting 442-443 fps out of it. I'm gonna have some fun with the pigs if I ever get to hunt this year.

I also have a Bully Dog for arrows rated at 350 pfs, with a lifetime guarantee. Also have a Yellow Jacket 400 for broad heads. And a "Block Vault" made by Block Targets. It does a pretty good job at stopping arrows of any kind under 425 fps. I also buy a Walmarts foam Broad head block every year, just for broad head testing and practice. It's cheap and saves on my other targets from getting torn up from broad heads.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
                            NAP spitfires - All bows, and my crossbow, and everyone I've ever known. They always fly EXACTLY like your field points, and make BIG HOLES in deer.

Now, what's that Boss Bowman gonna say about you having a "Crossbow".

Just ribbng ya brother .

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
                              Vortex flies like field points ALSO. RAGE SUCK
                              What sucks about the Xbow Rages?

Comment

Working...
                              X