Venice La Tuna?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Venice La Tuna?

A couple buddies and me are looking into a Venice tuna trip and looking for all the recommendations. I know I have seen Gulf Coast and Voodoo recommended but what about some others as well?

Anyone have info on Louisiana Blue Water and Cpt Bob Hovey?

Best ones from what I hear are Mexican Gulf Coast, Paradise, and Voodoo. We have a 2 day trip planned with Voodoo for September 16 and 17. My past luck with another outfit was unsuccessful.

Comment

Man anyone of those guys can get on fish.. But if I am spending all the money id just go with voodoo and i can assure you they will really try to make it happen. Have been out with MGFC several times with Kevin beach and we whacked em but the dude is a bit of a b hole ..

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
        A couple buddies and me are looking into a Venice tuna trip and looking for all the recommendations. I know I have seen Gulf Coast and Voodoo recommended but what about some others as well?

Anyone have info on Louisiana Blue Water and Cpt Bob Hovey?
        Some buddies and I have a trip with Louisiana Blue Water this September. Was able to even book lodging with them.

Comment

Triple tail charters

Comment

super_strike_charters Check out their instagram. We used them and Willie B was the captain. We had a blast. BYOB. Great boats and gear.

Comment

Lot of great outfits there.
              I like Eddie Berger and/or Brendan Nolan from fish Venice.
              Most of those guys work together so you really can’t go wrong with anybody mentioned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
                Lot of great outfits there.
                I like Eddie Berger and/or Brendan Nolan from fish Venice.
                Most of those guys work together so you really can’t go wrong with anybody mentioned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                This would be my vote but i would also add in Michael. Venice from what i have seen is either feast or famine so you have to be good with either option bc you can go down there and get skunked...

Comment

Going with Champoin Charters on the 31st (July), I'll report back.

Comment

Eddie Burger would be my vote. He'll be the first guy leaving in the morning and the last guy coming back. The dude consistently produces.

Comment

Mgfc

Comment

Home run charters.
                        They tell me their big black tuna boat will run 83 mph, so shouldn’t take long to get to tuna.!!

Comment

Was just there in May and one of the dock workers whispered "see that guy right there, he's the best captain down here"? I already knew who it was, had fished with him before (Capt. Eddie Burger), but we took our own boat this trip. And, I would not recommend Triple Tail Charters.

Comment

I grew up in Belle Chasse, La and guided inshore trips in and around Venice for years. I know several of the Captains mentioned in this post personally. If I was going on an offshore trip tomorrow and I wanted to target tuna I'd try to get on with Eddie Burger first and if he wasn't available I'd look for any of the Captain's from the Mexican Gulf Fishing Company. If I wanted to target swordfish with a side of whatever else is biting, I'd be calling Peace Marvel. Peace is old hippy that can flat catch fish. Others like Super Strike, Voodoo, Home Run Etc. are hit and miss.

Comment

Triple tail charters

Comment

Working...
                              X