Anyone in the Asbestos business?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone in the Asbestos business?

I need to get some tiles check and confirmed that they are asbestos? Anyone know where I can send a tile?

All of the companies I talk to want to come to me for big money.

Thanks

I worked for a asbestos company in the mid 90's. Not sure you will find any of them "cheap" on the removal side. Shouldn't cost much for getting it tested. Good luck. Hopefully it doesn't contain asbestos.

Comment

I work for a company that conducts visual testing and can do in house testing as well. I really dont think our guys charge much but to handle the stuff you have to be trained and certified by the TDHCA so more likely than not, if you even drop off a tile they wont be able to accept it since the removal was not done by a certified asbestos person.

I more than likely have asbestos siding on my house, due to age, and I just had my contractors cover it up. If building materials have asbestos it has to be double bagged and placed in an appropriate landfill. It can get pricey.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Where you at. Just pick it up and drop it off at a test center

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m in Jasper. I think I found a company in Beaumont that will test it but it must be a tile that has fallen on its own.

Comment

What kind of tile?

Ceiling, roof, or floor?
            What's the reason for the removal?

I do have a mitigator/testing facility in the Houston area I can put you in touch with.

Comment

I always heard the 8x8 was, and the 12x12 wasn't.

Comment

Do a search for third party construction testing in your area. If they dont do it then they will be able to give you a suggestion on who to reach out to.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                  I always heard the 8x8 was, and the 12x12 wasn't.
                  lol.

Comment

I used Platinum Environmental Solutions to test ceilings, walls, and tiles of a house I bought in Tomball.

Comment

Do you need an Asbestos Inspection in Houston? Looking to hire a certified and highly trained Asbestos Inspector? Platinum Environmental will accommodate your needs, while be informative and education with asbestos and related dangers, costs and more.

This was back in 2016 but I think it was around $450 for 3 or 4 samples. It made all the difference though because asbestos abatement costs are super expensive; or knowingly putting contractors at risk.

Comment

Working...
                      X