No announcement yet.

A frustrating thing about getting older

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dug out a concreted cedar fence post awhile back and I was hurting for 3 days after. I paid my daughters boyfriend to do the others. I sat in a lawn chair in the shade and watched.

Comment

And here I’ve been thinking all these years that I was communicating with bunch of rough and tough outdoorsmen.
      Oh sweet baby Jesus!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

[QUOTE=Buckshot4900;15693711]And here I’ve been thinking all these years that I was communicating with bunch of rough and tough outdoorsmen.
        Oh sweet baby Jesus!!!

WE talk a good talk.
        At my age, gravity works a lot better than it used to. I have no problem getting down. It's the getting back up that's the problem.

Comment

A frustrating thing about getting older

Originally posted by bugleboy View Post
          I hear ya! I used a chain saw too long after the first ice storm we got around December. Got ‘er done, but got tennis elbow for my trouble. I understand it usually takes a year for it to heal. Wishing now I had just paid some younger guy to come do it!!!

Just turned 40 and a week before my 40th I messed up my back in Falfurias Texas and had to go to Kingsville to an urgent care. I was cutting a mesquite tree and one of the thorns poked me right in the butt and I lunged forward and I dropped the running chainsaw between my feet and couldn’t bend down to turn it off. I managed to make it about 20 feet into the shop and had to wait until my buddy found me when he came back from town.

My buddy had to put me in a wheelchair to get me from the truck to the lobby. I pay for everything to be done at my house but spend hours cutting brush and working at the ranch.

With the amount of illegals passing through our place I could employee a few of them to get what I need done for $100, one phone call and water.
          Last edited by Black Ice; 07-08-2021, 10:51 PM.

Comment

If you think you have it bad, when I take my bra off at the end of the day, my knees get all bunch up and wrinkled!

Age + gravity, an ugly combination.

Comment

I can relate with all previous posts. The golden years? They should be called the rusty years. Went to dentist last week. He walks in after my teeth cleaning and asks, "Have you ever heard the phrase, being long in the tooth"?

Comment

Forgot to add this.
                Attached Files

Comment

Geeze! Us guys is falling apart!!!

I'll admit that I'm never going up on a roof again. I try to stay off of ladders. And, I'm selling my heavy chainsaw so I don't mutilate myself. But at the tender age of 62, I still do repairs if I know how.

Use it or loose it. "Old people" walk shuffle style and can't climb stairs cause they haven't used their legs in years. If you quit moving you're done.

Stretch and stay strong. Ya'll remember Jack LaLanne? Probably the first TV "work out" and exercise guru back in the 50s and 60s. He got an old guy that was in a wheel chair and over 6-months or so got him up and walking like a 30-year old by stretching, doing ultra-light weight workouts, and then adding a little weight at at time.
                  Last edited by SJP51; 07-09-2021, 04:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hoythunter02 View Post
                    Dang Jerp....good on you for the dedicated attempt man. I'm 43 and noticed my vision is just slightly less sharper. My dad said that's how it all starts. Hang in there buddy.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                    No joke, gotta have readers for pretty much anything in low light or small print. I keep a pair in the truck, a pair in my study, another pair by the bed.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                      I opened the shed door the other day to a windstorm that had blown up, and it yanked the knob out of my hand. So I reach out to catch it, so it doesn't whip around and smack the side of the shed in the exact same dent where it's hit 437 times. I caught it, and it whipped me out of the shed like a sling shot and apparrently pulled/strained/sprained EVERYTHING in that hand. I mean it hurts to fish!

And I'm not nearly as old as most of y'all!
                      You still have milk dripping from your lips ya durn whippersnapper!

For those starting to complain about eyesight, wait until you get TRI-FOCALS!

Comment

Originally posted by Ag 89 View Post
                        Getting older is not for sissys. The golden years: all your gold goes to doctors (and plumbers)
                        True, but the option to getting old is not very good

Comment

I use to have a right and left knee now I have a good and bad knee.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                            If you think you have it bad, when I take my bra off at the end of the day, my knees get all bunch up and wrinkled!

Age + gravity, an ugly combination.
                            Lol !!!

Comment

I’m with you Jerp!! Between mobility issues and vertigo, getting old ain’t for sissies. The other day I took on the daunting task of putting pictures in picture frames for my wife. Now I know you’re probably thinking why would you take on such a difficult and dangerous task??? I’m a daredevil really, completely threw caution to the wind. Well I avoided any paper cuts but was unable to avoid the glass falling out of the frame and shattering on my leg. Dang, looked like I gutted a deer on our stairs. 14 stitches later.

Look out roof, here I come!! (Life insurance is paid up so if something happens one of you guys needs to marry my wife, she will be loaded!!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by lanceodom View Post
                                I’m with you Jerp!! Between mobility issues and vertigo, getting old ain’t for sissies. The other day I took on the daunting task of putting pictures in picture frames for my wife. Now I know you’re probably thinking why would you take on such a difficult and dangerous task??? I’m a daredevil really, completely threw caution to the wind. Well I avoided any paper cuts but was unable to avoid the glass falling out of the frame and shattering on my leg. Dang, looked like I gutted a deer on our stairs. 14 stitches later.

Look out roof, here I come!! (Life insurance is paid up so if something happens one of you guys needs to marry my wife, she will be loaded!!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Yikes! Even I could follow that blood trail, if I can find my readers.

Comment

Working...
                                X