Recommendations for s 1st Bow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommendations for s 1st Bow

My buddy has two kids. One loves rifle hunting but the other really wants to bow hunt. He's 10. I'm thinking a Mathews Genesis. I've seen them with some arrows for $170. Other ideas? My boys had micro midas' but I've long since sold them. Thanks.

I might have something for you. PM sent.

I tried sending a PM but it doesn't look like it worked. You might get multiple PM's
    Last edited by Hoggslayer; 06-29-2021, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Mission craze

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The Mission Craze appears to be a winner! Crazy adjustable.

Comment

The Elite Ember is a good starter bow that they can grow into!

Comment

PSE Mini Burner is a good option as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Outback View Post
              The Mission Craze appears to be a winner! Crazy adjustable.
              Did you ever get my PM?

Comment

I concur.

Originally posted by MeanGreen1 View Post
                PSE Mini Burner is a good option as well.
                The PSE or a Bear Cruzer Light.

Comment

Hey! Saw your post!

My son got a Bear bow when he was 10. I am not sure of the model but it is easily adjusted without a bow press which I think is a must. We sometimes had to adjust it during the season. He passed the bow down to his little cousin. So far I believe it has killed 2 bucks and 4 does with boys under 13 years old hunting with it. More impressive yet is the fact that we have not failed to recover any deer that were hit with it. We used magnus stinger 2 blade broadheads. I believe a cut on contact broadhead is the only way to go with young kids starting to hunt.

Comment

X 3 on mission

Comment

Originally posted by swamper View Post
                      Hey! Saw your post!

My son got a Bear bow when he was 10. I am not sure of the model but it is easily adjusted without a bow press which I think is a must. We sometimes had to adjust it during the season. He passed the bow down to his little cousin. So far I believe it has killed 2 bucks and 4 does with boys under 13 years old hunting with it. More impressive yet is the fact that we have not failed to recover any deer that were hit with it. We used magnus stinger 2 blade broadheads. I believe a cut on contact broadhead is the only way to go with young kids starting to hunt.
                      Good to know! My grand daughter is only two but more are coming and I might need a bow for them.

Comment

I've been trying to give this young man a bow since the first post but I cant get a response from the OP.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                          I've been trying to give this young man a bow since the first post but I cant get a response from the OP.
                          Awesome Gesture! HS

Comment

Working...
                          X