Teaching archery to 1st thru 5th graders this week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teaching archery to 1st thru 5th graders this week

Our church does a vbs sports camp for elementary aged kids every year and this year our pastor (knowing I'm a bowhunter) asked me to head up a new archery program for the kids. So back in May I went to a class and got certified with the state as a "BAI" (basic archery instructor) through a program with tpwd and they loan the equipment out for events i.e. bows, arrows, targets, etc. It's an NASP (national archery in the schools program) curriculum. Today was the second day and the kids are improving fast. Some are struggling more than others but they all say they love it. The class is such a success that the church is already planning on buying it's own equipment for use in the future.
    Attached Files

Congrats!! And a thank you for helping our youth get involved in archery. NASP is a great program. We offer it at our school and have a great group participating. We are doing a 2 day archery camp later in July and are really looking forward to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Txfire409, speaking for myself, and I’m guessing most folks on this site, thanks for helping get all those youngsters pulling back bows and sending those arrows downrange. You gave your time to get BAI certified, and now you are giving your time teaching kids how to shoot a bow. An awesome and generous thing you are doing. What great pics of vbs sports camp.

Also thanks to Jesus, your pastor, your church, TPWD, NASP and a special BIG thanks to Katniss Everdeen for being the role model to get all those young ladies interested in flinging arrows!

Comment

That’s pretty awesome
        Well done

Comment

Great program! Congrats on getting the BAI certification. NASP can be a life changer for some kids

Comment

Great

Comment

Have to share one more pic with yall. This was our star archer of the week. This girl is eleven years old and took to a bow like a bee to honey. The last two days of camp she was hitting 5 out of 5 bulls eyes just about every time she was on the line.
              Attached Files

Comment

Great shooting. Smile says it all. Well done sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Txfire409 View Post
                  Have to share one more pic with yall. This was our star archer of the week. This girl is eleven years old and took to a bow like a bee to honey. The last two days of camp she was hitting 5 out of 5 bulls eyes just about every time she was on the line.
                  Awesome! That young lady right there is a future U.S. Olympic archery team champion.

Just consider all she has going for her – impressive archery skills, and being a Texas girl and she is already on the pages of TBH!

A great thread, thanks again for all your time teaching these kids about archery at VBS.

Comment

Working...
                  X