• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone done a fiberglass pool?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
      This. Free form is a better value than square/rectangle. No unused corners. Prices are way higher than a couple years ago. They should start ours next week

Will be following this as the wife has been wanting one for years. We’re just wanting a basic pool no fancy frills, hot tubs or anything. Is an oval pool cheaper than a rectangular one?

Comment

Originally posted by marshman View Post
        Will be following this as the wife has been wanting one for years. We’re just wanting a basic pool no fancy frills, hot tubs or anything. Is an oval pool cheaper than a rectangular one?
        We were told the shape made no difference in price. The hot tub/pool heater was around a 10k increase from just the pool. The stone work is very expensive, there are other options that are less.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

We have one. You are welcome to come have a beer and check it out.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Shape makes no difference in price- you are paying based on perimeter footage. We were told with a 100' perimeter square pool feels smaller than a 100' free form due to the corners. I have no personal experience. Learning this as I go and so far I know the prices are crazy. Our waterfall/slide is north of $30k alone.

Comment

We did a renovation of a 1970's pool we inherited when buying our last house. Here are a few things we learned in the process.

- As mentioned, pool shape isn't much of a price factor. To a certain extent, size isn't either. There are multiple unique trades involved in pool builds and many of the subs have minimums. For example, a small 5X10 pool could cost almost as much as one 2X the size.

- Add the Spa now! A spa addition is a negligible price increase to the overall pool build. If you decide a few years down the road to add one, it will cost 3Xs as much as it would have during the initial build. This goes back to my first comment above.

- The sky is the limit on price. An average gunite pool quote will be in the $60K plus range. However, there are so many variables involved. Types of decking, tile, coping and features all have significant price impacts.

- New pool demand over the last year has been literally a historical high. Be extra careful on selecting a builder as I'm sure there's been a lot of new companies trying to jump in the market to take advantage.

As far as fiberglass insert pools, I know nothing other than traditional gunite pool builders will tell you they are not good for the long-term, hence the price. Obviously, they have a bias in their opinion, so take it with a grain of salt.

Comment

We built an in ground pool in 1990 and had it sprayed with gunite about a year ago and it cost more now to have it plastered now than the original cost of the pool. Just get one of those $600 above the ground pool and save your money to take pops on more hunting trips since he's getting really old.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                  We built an in ground pool in 1990 and had it sprayed with gunite about a year ago and it cost more now to have it plastered now than the original cost of the pool. Just get one of those $600 above the ground pool and save your money to take pops on more hunting trips since he's getting really old.

[emoji38]

Comment

Working...
                  X