No announcement yet.

Who does the hummingbird thing on here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My numbers in Parker County seem about normal and the feeders at New York Hill in Thurber seem to be packed as usual.

Comment

Just got back from a cabin in Pagosa Springs Colorado. The feeders there have very few on them. Normally hundreds of them are there.

Comment

We had 10-12 here towards the end of April, but nothing since.

Comment

Originally posted by CamoQuest View Post
          We had 10-12 here towards the end of April, but nothing since.
          Yep, I am waiting for the migration to start in September- November, to see some new color @ the feeders

Comment

Like others in our area (DFW) have said it has been an off year. We added a second feeder this year but we haven't seen a single bird.

Comment

We are in Denison and have been pretty consistent with them since April. They may be slowing a little but still good. Our place by Atoka has been good up this point as well.

Comment

I've got two feeders out on the back porch. They've been out since I spotted the first ones this year back in April. We have 4 or 5 regulars that hit the sugar water. They're fun to watch.

Comment

Very slow at our house in Young county this year. Went about three weeks without seeing any, but a couple are back now. We put up a purple Martin house for the first time this year and have close to 14 right now, so that’s been fun and interesting. Gives me a reason to break out the old pellet gun and do a little sparrow control too.

Comment

We have a pair that are staying around, they probably have nested and hatched at least one clutch so far. My daughter saw the smallest hummer we have seen so assume it was a new chic. We have out a couple of feeders and also we planted some coral honeysuckle they really like.

Even thought this is nesting pair they still run each other off the feeders, they just can't stop themselves I don't think.

Comment

Got in my new Tactacam yesterday - decided to test it out and see if I could catch a few visitors.

Click image for larger version

Name:	hummer.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	24654515

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                        Got in my new Tactacam yesterday - decided to test it out and see if I could catch a few visitors.

[ATTACH]1054170[/ATTACH]
                        This is my next endeavor is have cameras on the feeders before the migration comes and I can catch different species come from up north

Comment

It gets a little crazy here in September
                          [ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gd26S9tIACs"]Hummingbirds - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

I have three feeders that I "try" to keep up with. With a crazy work schedule, being on nights for the summer, I sometimes let the feeders go too long without changing the solution, I'm sure in the summer you really need to change it out every couple days. We traditionally have quiet a few throughout the spring and summer, sit out back for an hour in the evening and see 5-10 hitting the feeders. Started off good this spring, then the sightings dropped off over the past month or so. They are still around, just not hitting the feeders in the evening like normal. I don't know if it was the freeze, fewer flowering plants, or what. I know I have two big altheas that are stunted and have zero blooms on them. Typically my hummingbirds hit my flowing plants hard along with the feeders.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                              It gets a little crazy here in September
                              Hummingbirds - YouTube
                              Now that’s a lot of birds

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
                                We have a pair that are staying around, they probably have nested and hatched at least one clutch so far. My daughter saw the smallest hummer we have seen so assume it was a new chic. We have out a couple of feeders and also we planted some coral honeysuckle they really like.

Even thought this is nesting pair they still run each other off the feeders, they just can't stop themselves I don't think.
                                Hummingbird chicks can be up to twice the size of the adults.

Comment

Working...
                                X