Gutierrez and Leal Ranch - Benavides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going to look at a lease tomorrow in Benavides. A member of our group found it off deer Texas .com I think..place is off 359 a little south of town, has Agua poquita creek running through it, advertised as 700ac high fence, 300 ac low fence, guy named Joe Dan Leal is the apparent owner. Wondering if anyone knows anything about this place?? I am well aware of the reputation this area has, so I am “pessimistic” that this will be something that we pursue, but you never know, I’ll at least check it out.

..if anybody knows anything about this specific place or landowner, would appreciate the info

Leased from Joe Dan a couple years ago on another place his Mom owns. He seemed to be a stand up guy. He was always nice to me although I only talked with him about 3 times that year. He left us alone and let us run the place as we seen fit. The 400 acres I was on didn’t seem to have big deer on it or should I say I didn’t see any on the 4 cameras that I had out. I left after the first year for another lease in the hill country. He did mention his home place when I was there however he had it leased at that time. Good luck and let us your take on the place after you visit with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Is it about 15 miles south of town?

Comment

Pass

Comment

Originally posted by stxhunter View Post
          Is it about 15 miles south of town?

Ya probably There abouts

Comment

Originally posted by Youngblood View Post
            Leased from Joe Dan a couple years ago on another place his Mom owns. He seemed to be a stand up guy. He was always nice to me although I only talked with him about 3 times that year. He left us alone and let us run the place as we seen fit. The 400 acres I was on didn’t seem to have big deer on it or should I say I didn’t see any on the 4 cameras that I had out. I left after the first year for another lease in the hill country. He did mention his home place when I was there however he had it leased at that time. Good luck and let us your take on the place after you visit with him.

Will do, thanks for the info

Comment

Your welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Youngblood View Post

Ya nice enough guy for sure. Place was in rough shape though, didn’t see it being a very quality place and was an easy decision to pass

Comment

We leased the home place which is about 3-4 miles out of town from his dad, Victor when he was still alive. It was 1100 acres back then about 15years ago when we were on it. Our lease boss knew Joe Dan well and spoke highly of him. As far as Victor, he had weird rules- wouldn’t let us kill any does and we had to let him know when we were coming. We now know why- people would hunt our stands while we weren’t there and kill the does.

Last edited by RobinHood; 02-29-2020, 09:39 PM.

Comment

TTT
                    Did y’all end up leasing this place?

Comment

Originally posted by RobinHood View Post
                      TTT
                      Did y’all end up leasing this place?

Originally posted by Bowdidley View Post
                      Ya nice enough guy for sure. Place was in rough shape though, didn’t see it being a very quality place and was an easy decision to pass
                      It doesn't look like he did.

Comment

Working...
                      X