X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is Your True Purpose

What Is Your True Purpose
    1 Samuel 16:6-13
    What do you live for each day? A pay raise? Retirement? Then perhaps you've discovered the reality that basing aspirations on getting ahead in this world typically ends in disappointment. People with a misguided sense of direction often wonder why they feel unfulfilled.
    Maybe you've already realized a goal of saving for the future or moving up the corporate ladder. You give to charity and volunteer at church, but somehow still feel a sense of insignificance or aimlessness. If so, there is a truth you need to hear: God gives each of us life for a very specific reason: to serve Him. Nobody finds inner peace without reconciling this fact. Our society teaches us that pleasure, prosperity, position, and popularity will make us happy--but living in the service of self always leaves an emptiness no earthly reward can fill.
    Besides, worldly philosophy won't stand the test of time. Few of us are going to live even 100 years. So whatever we'll become in this life, we're in the process of becoming that right now. Consider David: he was anointed king long before actually assuming the role (1 Sam. 16:12). He spent many years serving the purpose of God in insignificant places while developing into a great man. As his story shows, discovering God's purpose for your life is the surest path to success.
    Our heavenly Father's purpose for our lives comes from His heart of love--which is perfect. None of us can foretell the great things He has in store for us, but we can trust His plan completely. Surrender to Him today and say, "Not my will, Lord, but Yours be done."
    Dr. Stanley

So true Bill. I spent years chasing things that left me empty. The center of God's will for my life is the only place that fulfilled me. The amount of time that we have here on this earth is so short in the grand scheme...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210220-134935_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	204.8 KB
ID:	24649276

Comment

Very good message, thanks Bro Bill

Comment

Amen

Comment

Thanks for sharing that message.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
            So true Bill. I spent years chasing things that left me empty. The center of God's will for my life is the only place that fulfilled me. The amount of time that we have here on this earth is so short in the grand scheme...

[ATTACH]1046652[/ATTACH]
            Amen!!

I’ll be in Porter today

Comment

Thank you Bro Bill for your service to the Almighty and passing along your knowledge and convictions.
              People just don’t realize until they have actually surrendered ALL, just how good life can be.
              Not to say we Christians don’t have trials and tribulations, but, we know where to lay those problems
              God is faithful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Amen!!!

Comment

Amen!

Comment

Just inspiration I needed today. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Amen! How appropriate. Was yesterday's study!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
                        Amen! How appropriate. Was yesterday's study!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                        Amen

Comment

Amen!

Comment

Spot on Sir !
                            Couldn’t be a better message at this time.
                            Thank you once again.

Comment

Working...
                            X