Place to shoot bows in Texas City, TX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Place to shoot bows in Texas City, TX

Anyone have any insight as to where my family and I can go to shoot our bows in TC? I was thinking about just taking them to Tarpey or Bay Street park, away from the general areas of convergence, and just set up some targets; however, my wife doesn’t think it’s a good idea without seeking formal permission or approval from the City first, which I will do after the holidays, but want to go out tomorrow. Anyhow, anyone have any experience doing such or know a good location in TC for shooting? Trying to stay local, if possible. Thanks!

I would agree with your wife. A good friend had Plano’s finest come visit him after he thought it was a good idea to set up a target in a city park they didn’t think it was such a good idea.

Comment

Yep, you’re right. I just happened to heard back from the parks and recreation person I know and she mentioned that the parks have to have the capabilities set up to offer specific activities. In other words, if a particular park has a horse arena, you can ride horses. If it does not have a horse arena, no horses allowed. So I’m going to follow up to see what it would take to get an archery range set up somewhere. Would be cool to have archery club in TC.

Comment

You’re right down the road from jack brooks park in Hitchcock - it’s a free park and they have an archery course and range.

Comment

Run up 45 north to nasa rd and shoot indoors at gulf coast archery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah, I didn’t know they had the Archery course still at Jack Brooks park. For some reason I thought they shut it down. I will check it out and definitely check out gulf coast as well. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by danny.brandon View Post
              Yeah, I didn’t know they had the Archery course still at Jack Brooks park. For some reason I thought they shut it down. I will check it out and definitely check out gulf coast as well. Thanks!
              If you're the Danny B I'm thinking of you gotta know about Jack Brooks Park, that's your old stomping grounds. Heck I thought Runge Park still had a place to shoot but maybe not.

Comment

Originally posted by USMC View Post
                If you're the Danny B I'm thinking of you gotta know about Jack Brooks Park, that's your old stomping grounds. Heck I thought Runge Park still had a place to shoot but maybe not.
                Yeah, but I was told the Saltgrass events and folks that owned the 3D targets at Jack Brooks took everything out, but I don’t really know. I’ll check it out. Danny B from SF, born and raised from 1980

Comment

Yeah, but I was told the Saltgrass events and folks that owned the 3D targets at Jack Brooks took everything out, but I don’t really know. I’ll check it out. Danny B from SF, born and raised from 1980

Sent u a p.m.

Comment

BP here.
                    Check your PMs

Comment

Originally posted by USMC View Post
                      BP here.
                      Check your PMs

I am new to using these types of forums, but didn’t see a PM from you.

Comment

I am new to using these types of forums, but didn’t see a PM from you.

Check 1 more time. My bad.

Comment

They don't have a course set up anymore, and last time I was by there, there were some old bale targets till at the practice spot. Don't know how good those bales will be, but if you have your own targets, you will have a place to shoot.

Bob

Comment

Awesome, will try that at Jack Brooks. Thanks, fellas!

Comment

I’m on the road a lot an shoot in the hotel room sometimes

Comment

Working...
                              X