Multi pun slider and pin size recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multi pun slider and pin size recommendations

I am planning getting the new Mathews Vertix for next season and trying to plan out the accessories I want on it. I want a multi pin slider sight but since I’ve never had a slider I’m not sure which one to get. Looking pretty heavily at the Black Gold Verdict Assault. Any opinions on the black gold sights or any other recommended brand slider? Also had a question about pin size. I really like shoot 0.10 pins but have not had them on a hunting bow before. Do they still collect enough of light to be easily seen in the low light conditions you frequently have when deer hunting? If they don’t collect enough natural light I was assuming I could just use a sight light to provide extra light during those conditions. Last question would be which pin do most of y’all like using as your slider pin? Top or bottom? Still new to the archery world so any help is appreciated and thank you in advance.

Originally posted by RShockley View Post
    I am planning getting the new Mathews Vertix for next season and trying to plan out the accessories I want on it. I want a multi pin slider sight but since I’ve never had a slider I’m not sure which one to get. Looking pretty heavily at the Black Gold Verdict Assault. Any opinions on the black gold sights or any other recommended brand slider? Also had a question about pin size. I really like shoot 0.10 pins but have not had them on a hunting bow before. Do they still collect enough of light to be easily seen in the low light conditions you frequently have when deer hunting? If they don’t collect enough natural light I was assuming I could just use a sight light to provide extra light during those conditions. Last question would be which pin do most of y’all like using as your slider pin? Top or bottom? Still new to the archery world so any help is appreciated and thank you in advance.
    Black Gold make good sights, no complaints with them, most people love 'em. Spot Hogg is what I use and is another big hit with hunters.

Pin size is based on you and what you prefer. I shot .10 for years and when my eyes got bad enough I switched to .19; .19 is easier to see but it covers more of the target at close ranges.

Most people use the top pin and the bottom as an incidental or loooong range pin; this will let you get as much travel as possible out of the sight for shooting longer distances.

Pin brightness is due to the amount of fiber optic attached and how it is routed. Black Gold tend to have bright pins when compared to others due to the fiber and routing, Spot Hog is pretty good, but not as bright. Almost everyone uses a sight light of some sort, I use a Zbros, but even a basic model that screws into the housing is good enough. I like the Zbros for indoor shooting as well, but for just hunting it is a bit overkill on price, but it still performs great for hunting.

Comment

My last Black Gold 3 pin slider I had built with the top two pins 0.019" and the bottom was a 0.010" pin. I really liked that combo.

Comment

Thanks for the recommendations

Comment

Don’t overlook the CBE sights. Close friend of mine shoots one and loves it. However my next sight will be the spot Hogg fast Eddie

Comment

I’ve heard good thing about the HHA optimizer lite. That’s what I’m getting soon, more than likely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper87 View Post
              Don’t overlook the CBE sights. Close friend of mine shoots one and loves it. However my next sight will be the spot Hogg fast Eddie

Which model CBE is a slider and does it use yardage tapes?

Comment

Originally posted by RShockley View Post
                I have a 5 pin axcel and love it. Best sight I've ever owned. .10 is what I prefer. They engineered a great sight.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
                  Which model CBE is a slider and does it use yardage tapes?

My wife shoots the CBE Tek Hybrid (the pro model is the one with the dovetail) and she loves it; it's a well built sight for sure.

I can't' remember if it came with tapes, but most do; I always make my own anyway. But yes, it does use yardage tapes.

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
                    My wife shoots the CBE Tek Hybrid (the pro model is the one with the dovetail) and she loves it; it's a well built sight for sure.

I can't' remember if it came with tapes, but most do; I always make my own anyway. But yes, it does use yardage tapes.

Thank you sir. Their site wasnt very clear when I looked at it. They looked adjustable but didnt read anything that told me for certain they were.

Comment

Working...
                    X