leases in Oklahoma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

leases in Oklahoma

Does anyone have a lease in Oklahoma . I'm thinking of looking there for next year. just info on what its like are the price cheaper than Texas. And if you like it or not.
    Thanks Anthony

what part of OK? What species? I was on a lease in the Southeast portion, near broken bow. There were some hogs, deer and bear. I used it for a bear lease only, never hunted the deer or hogs, but had them on camera. It was much cheaper and not much further from my Texas lease, but it all depends on what/where you are looking for.

Comment

I don’t lease in Oklahoma, but hunt public. I’m finding myself more and more impressed with Ok hunting than Texas hunting.
      From the little conversations I’ve had with people up there, it seems leases are a GOOD bit cheaper than down here.

Only downsides I see are non-resident license costs, and a short rifle season. (The short rifle season is actually a plus for me, as I hunt exclusively with a bow)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It would be for deer hunting and in the south central/east area . And I hunt 80% with Bow anyway.

Comment

OK is outstanding, but, obviously it depends upon the individual property involved. If you can find a property ON the Red River around here it'll bring a premium, but, it'll hold some unbelievable deer.(still far cheaper than a lot of TX) I moved south into central LA on the Red River and have never looked back. Overall it's MUCH cheaper and the hunting is outstanding. I pass a couple of 140"+ every year and numerous 120" to 140". (I'm after a 160"+) I've got a few pics/video of several and they're all high quality bucks. It's not south Texas or the clear fork of the Brazos, but, what is?? OK is outstanding.... just as good as KS in many parts.
          Last edited by Slicefixer; 12-27-2019, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Bama-I am looking as well so will keep you updated if I find anything

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post
              Bama-I am looking as well so will keep you updated if I find anything
              Thanks I have me and at least one other interested if I can find something reasonable .

Comment

Originally posted by Bama View Post
                Thanks I have me and at least one other interested if I can find something reasonable .
                same here if you need another 1 or 2

Comment

My 1st year to hunt in OK. I wouldn't say it is a lot cheaper overall. Not as many deer where I'm at, but the big bucks do seem bigger.

Comment

Been on a lease in Southwest Oklahoma since 2012 some good bucks in Oklahoma no doubt price is a little cheaper then texas leases . The problem with Oklahoma hunting is there are a lot of people that do not manage very good which can make it hard to manage your lease . But if you have good neighbors you can grow big big bucks . The short rifle season I think brings out folks with a itchy trigger finger .

Comment

Definitely looking at going this same route. Living in North Texas, it only makes sense. It’s just me, so if anyone is looking/needing to add a hunter, I’d love to be considered (get in line, I know) ha.

Good luck all!!

Comment

Hate to say it and it takes some time to weed the bad ones out but Craigslist can be one way to find a good lease. Know some guys that found a great lease in Kansas from there. Problem is you have to keep checking craigslist like everyday and be ready to go check it out.

Comment

I have hunted in OK before and enjoyed it. They have different laws so be sure and read up on that part. I hunt Mills County now on a family place but thought about calling the OK landowner to see about hunting there again.

Comment

Originally posted by Bama View Post
                            It would be for deer hunting and in the south central/east area . And I hunt 80% with Bow anyway.
                            If that's your case then Oklahoma sportsmans hunt club is perfect for you. I've been member for a few yearsbut have yet to bowhunt, to busy with weddings.

12,000 acres next to mcgee creek park with a house. $2000 per yr for family. Tons of deer and hogs and almost zero bowhunters. More properties around the state but thats the best and virtually untouched by archery.

Comment

Lease prices have gone up here (in Oklahoma) every year for the past 8-10 years. Mainly because of exactly what’s being discussed in this thread. Texas hunters wanting to come here to hunt and willing to pay a premium to do it. Land owners here are cashing in on it. If I didn’t lease to two of my good friends, I would be as well. I’m in southern Oklahoma and I know of several people that lease 150-200 acre pieces for $5000/yr with a 1 gun/hunter maximum. Kids and spouses are allowed in. If the people leasing it ever decide to leave, the land owner has a list of folks just waiting for the phone call and ready to write a check.

Comment

Working...
                              X