Jackson Hole, WY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jackson Hole, WY

Figured someone on the green screen might be able to help. We’re looking to go to Jackson Hole for our honeymoon in February. I’m looking for someone with knowledge of different places to stay in the area.

We’ve found several resort type hotels with different room styles and amenities. The place we were originally going to book, Teton Mountain Lodge, has more than doubled their nightly rate in the last two weeks, pricing us out of that option. We’re hoping for a room with a fireplace and jetted tub but they aren’t required. We’re looking at hotels with bar/restaurant or something onsite incase weather prevents us from going out much and we’re not stuck in a tiny box of a room.

Neither of us have been up north and we’d like to ski so being close to that is preferred. Snowmobile tour would be cool also. Other than that we don’t really know what to do in the area. I saw something about the National Elk Refuge being in the area and if that’s something that can be seen/toured we would do that.

We talked with a travel agent but her lack of timely responding has really put me off of using one.

Budget of $2500-$3000. Flights are very reasonable right now and some of the places I’ve looked at are priced right as well. The only wild card is how much skiing will cost for one or two days.

Long winded post to ask those who have been where to stay (or stay away from) and what to do?

Check out the Rustic Inn in Jackson Hole... it’s close to Jackson Hole instead of being on the Teton Mountain side. We’re not expert skiers so we went more for sight seeing everything. At the Rustic Inn we got the cottage style room which I thought was nice and your within walking distance of Jackson Hole so you can walk to all the restaurants and shops. Also at that time Rustic Inn would drive you into town for further places for a small tip. I definitely recommend the dog sledding to the heated natural well one day. Super great place, wife and I would go back in a heartbeat.

Comment

Spring Creek Ranch I believe is where my wife and I stayed and it was nice with some awesome views. My concern there would be getting to it daily though as its up a pretty steep hill. Might be a bit treacherous if frozen. But I do recommend this place if you think it fits your needs.

However, my other recommendation would be to stay in a house along the snake river. We found a bunch of neat places that were fare priced and next time this is what we will do. Its a beautiful river with incredible views to be had while driving along it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Look into Snow King Resort. It's at the foot of the ski area in Jackson. We've only been in the summer, but we have stayed in the hotel and also rented a condo. My favorite place to visit. Teton Village is nice and you can ski without leaving the complex but I'm sure it is pricey.

Comment

We are going up from Jan 11-15th. Never been before but Ill try to remember to check back in on this post once we get back and let you know what all spots we hit up. We are staying at Hotel Terra in Teton Village and plan on coming back into town a couple times for meals/entertainment. By far the cheapest option I found was calling the booking department at JacksonHole.com and asking them to adjust one of their packages to meet our needs. They included hotel, lift tickets, and ski rental for us so all we needed to book on our own was our flights.

Comment

We stayed at the Anvil Motel when we went there last year. I loved it in Jackson, I would move there in a heartbeat. Finding cheap stays is practically nonexistent there, but we weren’t planning on spending much time in our room and we didn’t.

Our fly fishing guide said during the winter he did snowmobile tours through Yellowstone, and that would be a sight to see.

Go to Piccas and get one of the best margaritas you’ve had.

I’m ready to go back next summer already. If the elk are in the refuge during that time you will want to go, I’ve heard that’s pretty incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by bk_tradguy88 View Post
              We stayed at the Anvil Motel when we went there last year. I loved it in Jackson, I would move there in a heartbeat. Finding cheap stays is practically nonexistent there, but we weren’t planning on spending much time in our room and we didn’t.

Our fly fishing guide said during the winter he did snowmobile tours through Yellowstone, and that would be a sight to see.

Go to Piccas and get one of the best margaritas you’ve had.

I’m ready to go back next summer already. If the elk are in the refuge during that time you will want to go, I’ve heard that’s pretty incredible.

Snowmobiling through Yellowstone would be awesome!

One thing I would like to add, is go try restaurants in surrounding cities and check the area out. Lots of beautiful sight seeing while driving to lunch/dinner. Dont just stay in Jackson the whole trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Me and my wife stayed at the Rustic Inn for our 15 year anniversary and loved we had a cabin by the creek. It was close enough to walk to town and there were mule deer out front of our cabin every morning. Lots of wildlife just north of town to see by driving.

Comment

It’s not the Jackson Hole it was when I was a kid.
                  It’s quickly becoming a liberal haven. I was there in September and couldn’t wait to get out of there.

Sorry I’m no help

Comment

As stated already the Rustic Inn is a nice place to stay. My wife and I stayed there for our honeymoon and it was awesome waking up to mule deer right outside our cabin. Jackson isn’t that big so anywhere you stay is a fairly short drive to the slopes and anywhere in town.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great tips so far, sounds like snowmobiling through Yellowstone is a must do. Also, margaritas are one of our favorite drinks so we’ll be sure to check that out.

I looked at Snow King and really like it. She’s leaning toward the White Buffalo Club. Any advice on that place?

We did see one place that was cabins, Fireside? They had jeep rentals but I’m guessing it’s only for guests of theirs. Any places to rent a Jeep to get out and explore the area?

Comment

I can also highly recommend the Rustic Inn with one of the back cabins nestled against the creek.
                        I would recommend the Rusty Parrot over it as that is where we spent our honeymoon but they had a major fire a couple of months ago and they are out of service for the forseeable future.

Comment

Family and I had a suite at White Buffalo club this time last year. Staff was professional and timely. Location is ideal, within walking distance or White Buffalo can provide transportation.

Comment

Parts of the NF are closed to humans over winter so jeeps might not be the best. Snowmachines would be the way to go.
                            The ski area lodging will be more expensive in February, look around town for a better deal.
                            The Yellowstone trips must be guided so you might want to look into that now.

Comment

My favorite place in the world. If you can ease out towards the Teton's in the evenings.. Makes it as far as Oxbow bend and back around to Jenny lake. You will see all kinds of wildlife. You can make a big circle and back to town that isn't entirely far if the weather allows.

Comment

Working...
                              X