White settlement Church shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
    I think he was drawing from a small of the back holster and from under his coat. I gun anywhere is better than a gun nowhere but that was a bad place to have to make a quick shot from.

About the only place worse is an ankle holster.

In my opinion.
    OWB at 3 o'clock open carry is awesome for accessibility, but when you need to or prefer to carry concealed, what do you recommend? I like appendix, as it seems like it's easiest to get to for me. But I'm open to informed recommendations.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
      OWB at 3 o'clock open carry is awesome, but when you need to or prefer to carry concealed, what do you recommend? I like appendix, as it seems like it's easiest to get to for me. But I'm open to informed recommendations.

I’m left handed, so 9 o’clock IWB for me when needed. Otherwise I wear OWB with a big hoodie. I typically only use IWB when my shirt is tucked in or when I’m wearing a t shirt and shorts. JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

OWB at 3 o'clock open carry is awesome for accessibility, but when you need to or prefer to carry concealed, what do you recommend? I like appendix, as it seems like it's easiest to get to for me. But I'm open to informed recommendations.
        Why not OWB @ 3? That's what I do. Seems ideal to me.

Comment

Originally posted by jlinville View Post
          You have lost your dang mind if you think the 4 hour class and a shooting test that a blindfolded individual can pass is enough training to prepare you for a situation like happened in that church this morning!

Sorry but I must agree

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
            I didn’t say highly trained.. I didn’t say professionally trained.. I said trained, which is a true statement. On top of that, I can’t speak for all LTC holders in Texas but I can speak for the DOZENS I know who shoot all the time.

Numb nuts is concerned with grannies pulling out .357s and blowing someone’s head off when trying to shoot a perp. None of which happened today or in any recent shootings.

What are the statistics? Let’s forget the hypotheticals and talk the statistics of LTC holders in Texas. Crimes committed, accidental shootings, etc.

I guess everyone is entitled to an opinion but I think his lacks intelligence and wreaks emotion.
            X1000!
            Are we really talking about “fear of what could potentially happen”? What we “know” happened is that a deranged individual came into a church armed and intent on killing folks. It’s fairly evident that NOTHING would have prevented him from killing more than he did until he was stopped! Period.

I’m not advocating every swinging d*** in the state go out, buy a gun and start carrying. I don’t want that...especially those who are “fearful”! With that being said....this is the world we live in now, where these type of events will or rather HAVE become commonplace. I’ve made a personal decision to hopefully be in a position to protect myself and potentially others in such an event. You don’t have to do that if you so choose. You can call the police...and they will get there eventually...and take a picture of your dead body!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
              That was a heck of a shot by the good guy from distance. DRT!!!!
              X2

Comment

OWB @3 is my preferred but when I must be 100% concealed I change weapons and go appendix

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                  I watched a few times, I don’t think the deceased guy hesitated, I think he had problems drawing. Shows why we should practice more than just shooting.
                  Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                  I think he was drawing from a small of the back holster and from under his coat. I gun anywhere is better than a gun nowhere but that was a bad place to have to make a quick shot from.

About the only place worse is an ankle holster.

In my opinion.
                  I watch John and Active Self Protection frequently, and one common theme is "you can't draw from the drop" and to "wait your turn." Perhaps the first victim didn't have any other choice here, but as John illustrated in the ASP video above, his failed attempt was compounded by a slow draw from a difficult carry location. He was definitely in a difficult position and, unfortunately, died today as a hero. Prayers for his family and friends.

It's hard to watch this, but there is a lot to be learned from the failure and the success. One other thing John continually mentions in situations like this is "spiritual fitness" and making sure your relationships are in order, as well as your relationship with Jesus Christ. Neither of the victims expected to meet Him today, but I pray they were ready.
                  My Flickr Photos

Comment

My edc is a OWB (right) that fits really tight to my waist about 4 o'clock. I can cover it very easily with a light jacket or shirt. It's not any bulkier than the IWB (left) and and heck of a lot more comfortable.

Like most here, I have tried and tossed DOZENS of holsters... these 2, the OWB in particular won the bid.

Click image for larger version

Name:	OWB.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	24603838

Comment

I keep my 1911 in my Laptop bag sitting upright next to me

Comment

Yep, 3 o’clock OWB is great, which is why the police carry there... well, maybe 2 or 2:30. Slightly forward of 3 o’clock is a little faster but only fractions of a second.

When concealed I carry appendix about 99.7% of the time. I have been carrying concealed for 36 years now. I can draw it from appendix concealed almost as fast as from my duty holster as long as both hands are still functioning. The other 0.03% of the time it is SOB but that has to be an absolute necessity.

Comment

Originally posted by rileydog View Post
                          Amazing how quick it all happened.
                          In the video posted it looked pretty much like the terrorist already had security's attention before the shooting started, ????.

Police Chief: He noted that the security team's quick response saved an "untold number of lives."

Comment

I’m very curious if this was an internal beef with that specific church and if the shooter was already affiliated/connected with the church or if this was different.

Comment

Jack Wilson. HERO

Comment

Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post
                                A couple of them swept half of the congregation with their muzzle. I am as pro 2A as anyone but my biggest fear is all of the concealed guns that will come out if someone pulls a gun at my church! Old ladies, people with no training and people who don’t train/practice at all in a room with 1500 people in it is scary!
                                Oh give me a break man. No one but the POS is dead from good guy rounds.

Thank GOD the hero had the balls to shoot over people’s heads to take the threat down, I’m sure he muzzled a ton of people getting to his sight picture. I don’t care if he did.

Yes muzzle discipline is important but not as important as trigger discipline.

Comment

Working...
                                X