Firat Arrowhead - Mills County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firat Arrowhead - Mills County

Shot a bobcat on our lease last weekend... first and only cat ever seen in 15 years. On the way back to the ranger I stumbled upon my first ever arrowhead... been looking for 10 years. Pretty special day to say the least.

Like the other threads, was hoping some of yall might be able to chime in on the head. I know basically zero history when it comes to artifacts but I'm more than intrigued.
    Attached Files

We saw a bobcat the week before Thanksgiving on our place in Mills County.
    First one in 8 years of hunting there.

Comment

I am fascinated by arrowheads, but have only found a few across Texas
      Down in south Texas I know a couple of ranches that have a lot. In thirty five years in Leon county I have found zero!

Thanks for sharing
      Last edited by Big pig; 12-15-2019, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Cool find. Unfortunatly that one is broken.it was once a large point and the base end is snapped of this defying identification. I can tell you that it is several thousand years old. Still a cool find.

Comment

I agree with what Garguy said. We hunt west of you and find brokes similar to yours, same flint. Are you near the river? What part of the county?

Comment

Found another this morning, same area. About 13 miles west of Goldthwaite
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
              I can tell you that it is several thousand years old. Still a cool find.
              How are you able to tell it’s several thousand years old?

Comment

Keep looking where you found that one.

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyJoe View Post
                  That is a great find. We have found several on our ranch in Mills county. I suck at finding them but Riley has the eye

Comment

Awesome find! It looks to be and Ensor. Some call Ensors with that type of base Ensor-Frio. It is probably around 2500 years old.

Comment

This one looks Ensor to me, nice point!

Comment

Today is full of goodies. Our lease used to be an old artillery range back in the 40s or 50s era. Found this on the walk to the stand
                        Attached Files

Comment

Man that is a killer ensor. That style may be the first variation of end of. Some are ground dull in the notches and around the base. Great find.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
                            How are you able to tell it’s several thousand years old?

I can tell it was a projectile point by the impact damage on the tip. It is much too large to be an actual archery point so I know it pre dates archery. That makes it several thousand years old minimum. The fine sensor he just found is 2500 to 3000 or so years old as well

Comment

Working...
                            X