Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tagged

Comment

Made a quick trip out to the Floridas yesterday to do a quick scout. Beautiful and treacherous looking mountains. This is going to be a blast.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

J
            Originally posted by txmuleyman View Post
            Not Kuiu. I have a set and they were shredded after a hunt in Southwest Texas.
            None of them are designed to bust through thorny brush and cactus and whatever hell plants are in S TX and come out intact.

They are for keeping scree out of your shoes and for keeping your lower legs dry.

To the OP, if it's not going to be wet or snowy then you might not even need gaiters at all

Comment

Originally posted by txmuleyman View Post
              Not Kuiu. I have a set and they were shredded after a hunt in Southwest Texas.
              OR seems to be the most recommended, but Kuiu always usually comes in second. You are one of the only people I’ve seen have complaints about them. Many reviews on both of these brands on Rokslide. As has already been said, they are not Kevlar leg covers. They are not made for thorns.

Comment

I will add that gaiters are the tiddies for walking though mud though!

Comment

Get the foreverlast Snake Guard Shields that academy and buccees sales. Only thing I have found that can handle the volcanic rock and cactus and snakes

They breath pretty well. Drench then with a good DWR and the won’t hold moisture

Comment

Originally posted by BuckRage View Post
                    Ended up ordering some Outdoor Research Crocodiles. Thanks yall.
                    They are for moisture not cactus or volcanic rock. You will shred them

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
                      OR seems to be the most recommended, but Kuiu always usually comes in second. You are one of the only people I’ve seen have complaints about them. Many reviews on both of these brands on Rokslide. As has already been said, they are not Kevlar leg covers. They are not made for thorns.
                      Yea I wouldn’t spend much to be in that country. They’re worthless after that and will leak water

Comment

Originally posted by BuckRage View Post
                        I drew a NM Florida Mt Ibex tag coming up in a month and a half. Any recommendations for leg gaiters to be used in desert thorns and cactus environments?

When is your hunt? I drew that same tag for the late January archery. Is that when you will be out there?

Comment

I've got 2nd hunt in Feb. I dont mind tearing up the gaiters just need something for that week.

Comment

Working...
                          X