Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brooks Ghosts here as well

Comment

I'm on my second edition of these Brooks-Glycerin. They are very light and have great cushion. I ran in Asics for 20 years and will never go back. Don't forget to change out your shoes every 6 months. Remember, the soles take a beating and then once the soles and the threads are gone, the beating is taken out on your joints.

Comment

I was running in Brooks ghost 11s but they wore out. I was getting bad shin splints in them as they got near their capacity so I decided to try something else. Bought hoka Clifton 6s and they have been an amazing road show. Currently running 30miles a week.

My best advice is to try a bunch and to use your running shoes solely for the run and put them up afterwards.

Comment

Asics Gel Kayano

I am a big guy 6’2 @ 240

15-20 road miles a week.

These are the only shoes that helped me thru knee and foot pain.

i also stretch and roll a tennis ball for plantar fasciitis pretty regular. The more i run the better these 44 years old bones feel...just takenit easy

Comment

My dad use to be an avid runner and he swore by Brooks!

Comment

Brooks

Comment

i wear mizuno. Wave rider is their main base shoe but I wear the wave inspire for flat feet. brooks and asics are other big name brands for running. Hoka if you want some serious support.

Comment

Brooks Ghosts

As for building up your ability, I have had surprisingly good success with Zone 2 training and HIIT. Active recovery, low intensity cross training instead of rest, and good nutrition have built my 45 year old carcass into a decently fit endurance machine.

Comment

I was plagued by plantar facieitis(sp) for months until I bought a pair of Hokas. They cost me around $150.00 and was worth every penny. Don’t know about their running shoes but if their anything like the walking shoes I’d buy them. Averaged over 15000 steps a day when working at the hospital.

Comment

Originally posted by hoyt21 View Post
                      Thanks for all the help guys. Will definitely hit a shoe place. There’s a fleet feet in corpus. I use to be able to hit 8-10 miles a morning when feeling good so trying to get there again
                      This is what you should do. Go to Fleet feet, get measured and pick the shoes that fit you the best. All of the major brands carried at running shoe stores are good.

I used to wear Brooks, but had to switch as they don't make very many wide sole shoes. The first pair of Brooks I had were Glycerins and I really liked them. Bought a second pair and they absolutely tore my right foot up. Turns out I needed to switch to a wider shoe.

I'm on my second pair of Hokas now and have been very satisfied.

Bottom line, don't go in with a brand bias in mind. Get measured and buy what feels the best. Most the major brands are about the same price point.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRanger View Post
                        Running is bad for you....that’s my excuse

I wonder how many calories I burned reading this thread?[emoji2091]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

asics nimbus. pretty much any model

Comment

Nike sponsored the athletic dept when I ran track in college but their shoes are junk. We trained in asics. Definitely get fitted.

Comment

Hoka is my favorite. Plantar fasciitis has been rough at times, and these just make my feet happy. My daughter is a cross country runner and swears by her New Balance

Comment

I really enjoy running in the Brooks ghost. Also tried the Brooks launch but liked the ghost better.

Comment

Working...
                                X