Corn/soy bean mix......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corn/soy bean mix......

So went to fill some feeders a few days back. Everywhere around me was out of corn so bought a corn/protein mix from tractor supply. Put it in 2 feeders about 4 days ago. When I opened the bags they smell almost like chocolate. Lol.
    Problem is. No deer or even pigs have hit my feeders since putting this stuff in there. And I was getting numerous pics a day sent to me.

Anyone else have experience with this feed?

That’s all I feed, they love it, high in protein

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I switch to it at the end of September to get the edge over my lease mates. Deer love it! I pick it up in Junction because I drive I10 on a regular basis working in the Permian and think it’s called deer ration or something along those lines.

“Fools multiply when wise men are silent” -Nelson Mandela

Comment

That’s good feedback. Just had me worried cause it smelt like I was pouring Coco Puffs in my feeder.

Comment

I tried it a few years back and they would not eat it at my place. They would eat regular corn from the spin cast, but wouldn't touch the free choice soybean and corn mix. Not sure why. Im doing free choice protein and they are eating it fine. Its not much more than that soybean corn mix so ill probably just keep the protein going or cut it with corn.

Comment

It’s been somewhat of a “top secret “ here for several years. It’s very “place to place”. Some deer literally get addicted and will eat you out of house and home... go 2 miles and it will rot and deer won’t touch it. Same with big & j and rice bran

Comment

I tried the mixture years ago and the deer left the soy beans on the ground. Others have deer eating it with no problem.

Comment

Anyone got a picture of the bag? Never seen the soybean and corn mix before

Comment

We have always had good luck with it at various places around the state. However, we tried some one time where the soybeans weren’t roasted and the deer nor turkeys would touch the beans. They would however pick the corn out. Our go to in the off season in Childress was corn/roasted soybean, peas plus- blackeyed peas and 20% protein.

Comment

Pretty much every feed store in Tx carry's this mix. Give them time and they will eat it. We used to feed this in Cushing, Nac county. It smelled close to the scent of coffee.....the deer loved it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Roasted soy beans I found they love with corn

Comment

Feed roaster soybean/corn mix. Deer love it and I have VERY picky deer.

Comment

Originally posted by texaspyro21 View Post
                          Anyone got a picture of the bag? Never seen the soybean and corn mix before
                          I’ve been buying roasted soybeans mixed with corn for over 15 years from Waller Rice drier. It’s a 22% protein mix

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                            I’ve been buying roasted soybeans mixed with corn for over 15 years from Waller Rice drier. It’s a 22% protein mix
                            I hit submit too soon on my original post. It was suppose to say that I’ve ever seen that mix at TSC.

Comment

The make one we get in Ballinger
                              Called buck grub
                              Same stuff corn and soybeans mixed
                              Smells like peanut butter when you open
                              the bag deer love it at our place

Comment

Working...
                              X