5:2 and the three 150's together at last

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Codie View Post
    We cover it as personal property or (contents) coverage within the home. Make sure you have replacement cost coverage on your contents as the value of your mounts is not going to be much, that way if you had to have mounts redone you would have the money to do so. If you start getting a really large collection make sure your contents coverage is high enough to include your taxidermy work. I have got a customer whos house burned to the ground year back and their insurance agent at the time with whatever company they had then did not reccomend for them to up their contents coverage to include his $300,000 worth of taxidermy in his trophy room. House burned and he did not have the extra contents coverage to protect them. One of the mounts was the current World #2 bighorn sheep full body mount. OUCH!
    Codie,
    Is there any way to recover the actual cost of replacing the animal. I.E. If some one went on a package hunt and killed an animal and the cost was $6500 is there a way to recover that.

>E

Comment

very nice collection

Comment

YEp, and there's dust up there too, LOL We wait to see who gets the ladder first. So far, it's a stand-off.

Comment

Originally posted by aironeout View Post
          Codie,
          Is there any way to recover the actual cost of replacing the animal. I.E. If some one went on a package hunt and killed an animal and the cost was $6500 is there a way to recover that.

>E

No sir, not that I know of. The actual cost of replacing the animal would be the taxidermy cost only. The cost that you are reffering to would be replacing the hunt, experience, trip cost. It cost you $6500 to go on the hunt, it cost $500 to have the animal mounted. The only thing lost was the mount, not the hunt/experience involved in killing the animal. (no one will ever be able to take that from you)

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Originally posted by tuthdoc View Post
              YEp, and there's dust up there too, LOL We wait to see who gets the ladder first. So far, it's a stand-off.

I hate getting a ladder out too unless it is for hunting.

>E

Comment

Originally posted by tuthdoc View Post

I hate getting a ladder out too unless it is for hunting.

Originally posted by Codie View Post
                No sir, not that I know of. The actual cost of replacing the animal would be the taxidermy cost only. The cost that you are reffering to would be replacing the hunt, experience, trip cost. It cost you $6500 to go on the hunt, it cost $500 to have the animal mounted. The only thing lost was the mount, not the hunt/experience involved in killing the animal. (no one will ever be able to take that from you)
                Kind of what I thought.

>E

Comment

Very Nice Doc! I'm glad I'm not the only one running out of wall space. I've already drawn up plans to have my game room ceiling vaulted.

Comment

Lookin' good doc.....

Comment

very nice

Comment

Nice

Comment

Tuthdoc are you not doing full shoulder mounts on those three?

Comment

Yep, I'm getting them mounted, but it'll be awhile before he gets to them, so I brought the horns home. I'll take them back when the time gets closer.

Comment

Man I'd like to harvest any one of them . . . . .

Nice group of animals.

Comment

I finally got me a nice buck to put on the wall, dropped him off at the taxi last year, and the taxi has disappeared and won't return calls or nuthin'.

Your walls look great, and I wouldn't take any of them down. To me if they're good enough to die, they're good enough to display.

Comment

Working...
                                X