No announcement yet.

fort worth ex officer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't see this being a murder charge at all. He was quick to pull the trigger but if the information that was given to him by dispatch was something other than a welfare check and she raised her hands pointing a gun at him then I can understand the quick trigger pull.
    The way I see them acting in the video doesn't seem like the behaviour or approach one would use in a general welfare check. The door being open would make a difference to me if it wasn't a welfare check. Not knowing the information they had leaves a lot of questions.
    Sad situation for all involved.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
      First I have heard of this, and it too is some serious BS.
      If I remember correctly when the officers approached him he tried to draw his weapon or already had it drawn and started to raise it up pointing it in the officers direction.

Comment

I got it, leave your door open for a cool breeze while playing video games=shoot in 2019.

And of course you believe popo shouldn't be judged, maybe people with that attitude is why police think shooting first and acquiring information later is justifiable
        Pure stupidity

Comment

I feel most bad for the poor dude that called police cuz the neighbors doors open and that ain’t normal.....

Comment

So from a police operational perspective, how much if at all will it change things if in fact the dispatcher sent them on something other than a welfare check? Let’s say it was related to them as a potential burglary? That seems to be how the officers responded tactically. (You LEOs tell me if I’m wrong) So in this hypothetical, if you get a call about a home burglary and you see someone pointing a gun at you through the window, what does the manual instruct you to do?

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
              So from a police operational perspective, how much if at all will it change things if in fact the dispatcher sent them on something other than a welfare check? Let’s say it was related to them as a potential burglary? That seems to be how the officers responded tactically. (You LEOs tell me if I’m wrong) So in this hypothetical, if you get a call about a home burglary and you see someone pointing a gun at you through the window, what does the manual instruct you to do?
              I read they were responding to a welfare check from a non-emergency (not 911) call. Is this not true?
              I know just because dispatch sends us on an X call, doesn't mean it's not really a Y or a Z call.

Comment

Jerp I have been on ( probably) well over 100 welfare checks. Where I work a welfare check would mean 1 fire department apparatus, 1 EMS apparatus and at least a few PD officers. We always start at the front door. No answer we start tapping on windows and listening. If we done hear anything we look for unlocked windows and eventually break into the home via a door. The fact this situation started with a door that had been open for hours in the middle of the night makes me think these officers were not sent to a simple welfare check.

Comment

Originally posted by iamntxhunter View Post
                  I don't see this being a murder charge at all. He was quick to pull the trigger but if the information that was given to him by dispatch was something other than a welfare check and she raised her hands pointing a gun at him then I can understand the quick trigger pull.
                  The way I see them acting in the video doesn't seem like the behaviour or approach one would use in a general welfare check. The door being open would make a difference to me if it wasn't a welfare check. Not knowing the information they had leaves a lot of questions.
                  Sad situation for all involved.

I’ve been thinking this all along. I think it hinges on the officers perception based on the dispatcher information. I wouldn’t be surprised if he is cleared of all charges IF he followed SOP. Of course that is without including the racial aspect we are dealing with at this time, which shouldn’t even be a factor. Her raising a gun changes everything IMO.

Seems like it may just be a tragic mess for all involved.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                    Pure stupidity

Whatever. I have found that when people resort to name-calling it's because their argument holds no merit. Have a good one

Comment

I don’t know if LEO’s are being trained to be paranoid, or if some LEO’s become paranoid from their training. But I do know some people should NOT be LEO’s.

Comment

Whatever. I have found that when people resort to name-calling it's because their argument holds no merit. Have a good one
                        Who's name calling? I commented on your statement which was stupid as hell.
                        I didnt say anything about you

Comment

Jerp I have been on ( probably) well over 100 welfare checks. Where I work a welfare check would mean 1 fire department apparatus, 1 EMS apparatus and at least a few PD officers. We always start at the front door. No answer we start tapping on windows and listening. If we done hear anything we look for unlocked windows and eventually break into the home via a door. The fact this situation started with a door that had been open for hours in the middle of the night makes me think these officers were not sent to a simple welfare check.

I’m curious- how many of your welfare checks were at 2:30 in the morning? Did that play a role here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Who's name calling? I commented on your statement which was stupid as hell.
                            I didnt say anything about you

Okay, fair enough but my statement was simply paraphrasing what you had said, in a slightly smart alec manner :-). Please read my next post, I hope it clarifies my opinion
                            Last edited by RJH1; 10-15-2019, 06:44 PM.

Comment

The main issue there is no justification for shooting someone when they are breaking no laws, and trying to come up with one is foolishness in my opinion. If the police shoot someone that is breaking no laws, they should be held accountable. If the facts in this case are what has been laid out so far, then trying to justify what happened can only be seen really as team playing, for lack of a better term. To be clear I don't think this has anything to do with race or anything like that, I think it has to do with police overstepping their bounds. And I honestly don't know how anyone can think it's okay, or justifiable, and if you believe it's reasonable I would hope you would rethink what reasonable should be

Comment

Originally posted by jb5001 View Post
                                I’m curious- how many of your welfare checks were at 2:30 in the morning? Did that play a role here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Many have been in the middle of the night. Ran one just last week, found an elderly man lying on the floor next to his bed barely alive. said he had fallen 10 hours before. I dont believe we have been on one similar to this one ( because of an open door) but many times the call comes from a relative in another state who cant get in touch with someone and sometimes their worry gets unbearable in the middle of the night.

Comment

Working...
                                X