I’m gonna need a bigger trap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m gonna need a bigger trap

Been after this guy for 3 years but he’s strictly a night walker. I’ve had maybe 2 daytime pics and only at first light. Never thought he would go into my trap but he started eating around the outside and after a few weeks he got comfortable and started going in. I monitored activity for about 3 weeks before I set the trigger and showed up every morning at daylight should he be in it and start fighting the trap. The third morning my trap looked like this. He went in at midnight and tripped the trigger and in 45 minutes he was out according to pictures. He turned the gate inside out. That trap has caught several 200 lbs plus with no sign of stress. I know I’ll never get another opportunity at him.
    Last edited by Gumbo Man; 08-28-2021, 12:41 PM.

Dang that's a big sucker. Time to get a thermal on his arse and give him a headache

Comment

Hang a hog snare in the opening and tie off to a heavy weight/tire/dead tree trunk etc. he will get hung up somewhere and you should be able to track him down easy enough.

Comment

Get you one of those traps you can drop on him. They are STRONG and the pigs don't know the trap is there until it falls on them!

Comment

He hasn’t shown back up anywhere out of 6 cameras since that night about 3 weeks ago. Hopefully he’s the neighbors problem for awhile.

Comment

Not a bigger one….but a better one that’s for sure!

Comment

Well in defense of the trap it has performed very well and held up nicely. Just never thought I would catch one that size. I honestly don’t know what I would need to do to beef it up to hold one that size.

Comment

Maybe all the stress killed him.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                  Maybe all the stress killed him.
                  One can only hope.

Comment

Good gravy, thats a biggun. Fingers crossed you get another crack at him.

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
                      Good gravy, thats a biggun. Fingers crossed you get another crack at him.
                      Thanks hog down. But I doubt I ever will. The old are hard hard hard to trap. Have been for me anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                        Thanks hog down. But I doubt I ever will. The old are hard hard hard to trap. Have been for me anyway.
                        Completely agree with you, I think a big old SMART boar is a helluva trophy!

Comment

Ohhh the Old fat and wise!

Comment

Dude is nasty.

Comment

The game has been upped a bit eh? Good luck getting him.

Comment

Working...
                              X