Hagerman Segment B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Army of Dad View Post
    Incorrect, you will both need bowhunter education.

Also, [mention]Slow&Steady [/mention] and I drew Seg B this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks, saw there was some online classes so will start those.

Comment

Mine shows pending 2nd draw. Anyone know what that means?

Comment

Originally posted by CentralTXHunter View Post
        I’m pending second draw, but bow hunter education is required to hunt Hagerman. Good luck to you folks!

There are no standbys for that hunt from what I understand and you don’t have to provide proof of BHE until stand hang day so not sure hire’s they are gonna with that out

Comment

I’m in as well for segment B.

Comment

Originally posted by tx_basser View Post
            Son and I got drawn.... so no Bowhunter Education is needed on this?
            There is only one field day course available in TX that I’m aware of and last I checked it was booked full. Hope it works out for you.

Comment

Originally posted by DFA View Post
              Mine shows pending 2nd draw. Anyone know what that means?

It means you didn’t draw. Drawn applicants have 10 days (until 9/11) to buy their permit (or accept on free permits). If some don’t buy/accept then a 2nd draw happens. Your odds depend on how many fail to follow through and are incredibly low.

Basically don’t get your hopes up.

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
                doesn't look like it from what I have seen. doe incentive is still alive and the addition of allowing crossbows for most of it. looks like crossbow can be used for all segments except for the first Friday of Seg A.
                Where do you see that you can't use crossbows on the first Friday of Seg A? I dont hunt with an x-bow anyways, but dont see any mention of it in the regs. I got drawn for seg A.

Comment

Does anyone know how/when we will know what unit we will be assigned?

Comment

Originally posted by zins708 View Post
                    Where do you see that you can't use crossbows on the first Friday of Seg A? I dont hunt with an x-bow anyways, but dont see any mention of it in the regs. I got drawn for seg A.
                    Because in Grayson county crossbows are only legal during general season.

Comment

You are not assigned a unit in Hagerman. You will he told which units are open and you can pick from any of the three open units. This year is the Harris units Big Mineral unit and Sandy unit.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetinlow660 View Post
                        You are not assigned a unit in Hagerman. You will he told which units are open and you can pick from any of the three open units. This year is the Harris units Big Mineral unit and Sandy unit.

Oh, I haven’t been lucky enough to hunt Hagerman yet. I figured they would assign units to avoid big jams of hunters in small areas

Comment

Oh, I haven’t been lucky enough to hunt Hagerman yet. I figured they would assign units to avoid big jams of hunters in small areas

Nope. You can definitely get jammed up. But it’s usually not bad

Comment

Harris, Big Mineral, and Sandy units are open. 1st person to a spot after the orientation on thursday gets the spot

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

Im in for segment A. Hopefully ill be posting a picture of what deer yall wont be hunting for.

Comment

Working...
                                X