No announcement yet.

Blind Base Rebuld

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice! I have been pricing out some similar projects and just need a nudge to jump in! I really appreciate the sleeve work.

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
      Man, that is an awesome build! Great work. The ONLY criticism (and very slight) is I like the time savings of fabricating the steps with tubing open but it has bit me (actually stung) me! Those dang mahogany wasps have a perfect launching point! Again, great work!
      yep, you can Great foam them or get plastic square tube plugs from Amazon.

Comment

Looks great , what metal saw was that in one of your pictures, i use the revolution metal blades which is so worth the $$$ compared to the friction type cutters...

Comment

Originally posted by TexanAggie View Post
          Looks great , what metal saw was that in one of your pictures, i use the revolution metal blades which is so worth the $$$ compared to the friction type cutters...

Thanks man.

It is basically a little but older version of this saw. LOVE IT

Evolution Power Tools R255SMS+ 10" Multi-Material Compound Sliding Miter Saw Plus https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SK3PZRR...VVT8724NE095GG

Comment

Blind Base Rebuld

Originally posted by TexasCanesFan View Post
            My welding mentor!!! Seems like just the other day you were talking me through building those big *** cube protein feeders. Hard to believe that was 2008.

[emoji15]

I think I built mine in 2004!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              [emoji15]

I think I built mine in 2004!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow. That is crazy. Doesn’t seem that long ago.

Comment

Nice mods.... make sure you save yourself some frustration and make the X braces where they go.... if ones just a bit off... you will spend way too much time finding the right combo... don't ask how I know that....

Comment

Turned out like a champ well done.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_gun View Post
                    Nice mods.... make sure you save yourself some frustration and make the X braces where they go.... if ones just a bit off... you will spend way too much time finding the right combo... don't ask how I know that....

Here is my parts ID system. Each sleeve and every piece that bolts to that sleeve have either 1-4 lines welded on them.

Not the best pic of the sleeve but you get the idea.

Comment

Also got all of the painting except for the staircase done yesterday. My son had knee surgery last month and the staircase is too big to move out of the shop solo

Comment

Great Work! Can't wait to see it standing up and in place!

Comment

That's awesome

Comment

Been busy since Labor Day Weekend and forgot to post the pics.

Once we got there we started by breaking out the post hole diggers and setting the screw auger in concrete.

We also set the ladder up to start spray painting it. Easier to hauls the saw horses out there than deal with it here in the shop.

We got the blind bolted to the base, laid it on the small lease trailer across some landscape timbers and started adding parts. It was all marked well so it went right together with no issues at all.

Then it was time for the heavy lifting…..

Comment

Blind Base Rebuld

The blind and tower went up fairly easy. We have a brake winch built to go in a receiver hitch so it makes quick work of raising or lowering blinds.

That left the staircase and we started the next morning working with that heavy &)(:?!&),!)?

I think we used 4 big yellow and 2 small orange ratchet straps to get it most of the way up. Once we got it most of the way up we put 2 ladders under the porch and moved it the rest of the way into place. The process was nerve racking but we get it done. Just had to think through it and not get in a hurry.

We ran coated cable to a large turnbuckle in the middle and put a little bit of tension in it until the concrete sets.

And that is a wrap on this project!!!! Thanks for following along guys.

Comment

Very nice job on this cool project. And the location looks like a great open view all around. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X