RUGER LCP MAX. Who’s bought one.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like a good shooter.

I reduced the trigger travel, reset, and pressure in both my G26 and G17. They're nicer now. But looking at possibly a new pocket pistol with a good or similar trigger. Doesn't seem to be much for choices out there, in that area.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Haven't held one yet, Is the max 9 something you could get in a pocket holster?

Comment

Originally posted by Bassdeer View Post
        Haven't held one yet, Is the max 9 something you could get in a pocket holster?
        If you have big pockets. The LCP size pistols are true pocket guns, but the Max 9 is pushing it IMO. I looked at one yesterday and the Taurus GX4 also. They’re both a little large, but doable, for pocket carry. I wound up buying the Taurus because I liked it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
          Sounds like a good shooter.

I reduced the trigger travel, reset, and pressure in both my G26 and G17. They're nicer now.

You mind sharing what you did for your Glocks?

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bowtecmike View Post
            You mind sharing what you did for your Glocks?

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk
            Added part of a full Ghost Trigger kit to the 26. And part of a full Zev Tech trigger kit to the 17. Had to play around with each of the kits till I found the right combination for each gun that I liked. I didn't use the whole kit in either. Just partial in each.

Mind, these are Gen 3 Glocks.

Last edited by Texas Grown; 09-12-2021, 10:43 AM.

Comment

For those interested, Galloway Precision looks to have a Short Stroke Trigger, stainless guide rod, and outer recoil spring swap for the Ruger LCP Max.

Comment

So I was able to hold one today and yes it's to big for a pocket holster so I'll just stick to the S&W bodyguard for the pocket and 43x IWB

Comment

RUGER LCP MAX. Who’s bought one.

Add me to the list. Picked up at Academy Pasadena yesterday.

My father wanted a pocket pistol a while back and I forgot about it until I slid down the pistol isle yesterday and after gripping the max my brain went to work.
                  I picked up the Max for me and sold my father my LCP2.

I haven’t shot it yet (will cure that soon) but it carries in my pocket just like it’s the 2. I can’t feel a difference.

I did buy then return the 12rd mag.
                  I loaded it up and carried with it but decided that little extra was taking away from the appeal of the pocket carry- for me anyways.

Here it is below a DB-9 for size comparison.
                  About the same size, but the Max is a smidge smaller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Don’t pick up a max 9 unless you’re prepared to buy one. I made that mistake a couple weeks ago. It’s much more comfortable than the lcp.

Comment

Originally posted by Bh_liberty View Post
                      Don’t pick up a max 9 unless you’re prepared to buy one. I made that mistake a couple weeks ago. It’s much more comfortable than the lcp.

Interesting, I didn’t even think to look at that one seeing as I have a 365xl that fits the small carry bill- but not necessarily front pocket carry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I went to look at some scopes this evening. And while I was there, I looked at the LCP, LCP II, and LCP Max sided by side. Seems as if the baby is growing a little visually . But they've done a great job keeping the size to a minimum. I was really impressed with the increase in capacity of the Max while keeping it pretty close to the same size as the LCP II.

Also looked at several others.

Comment

So I was able to hold one today and yes it's to big for a pocket holster so I'll just stick to the S&W bodyguard for the pocket and 43x IWB

Not to sound argumentative, but, they come with a pocket holster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot4900 View Post
                            Not to sound argumentative, but, they come with a pocket holster.

I was referring to the Max 9. I got off track and thought this thread was about the 9mm but I see we are talking about the 380.

Comment

I was referring to the Max 9. I got off track and thought this thread was about the 9mm but I see we are talking about the 380.

[emoji23]you must be about my age.
                              Yes, the max 9 is too much for a pocket gun in my opinion.

Comment

I am interested as well for my wife to carry, I have the LCP Custom and am wondering how the trigger compares between the two.

Comment

Working...
                                X